Skip Navigation

[Closed] Repeating Loop

This support ticket is created 3 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Jamal 3 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author

Hi -- I still have this issue with a repeating loop, however the ticket was closed as I wasn't able to test the possible solution for a couple of weeks. [ticket here: https://toolset.com/forums/topic/archive-loop-is-repeating/]

The looping page in question is: hidden link

Minesh advised making my theme a child theme in order to be able to amend the the_content() function, however my theme is already a child theme (of genesis) meaning I'm already up against the 2 generation rule. Are there any other solutions to this issue? Thanks

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

Hello and thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

We'll need access to the backend of the site and FTP access in order to help you with this. Your next reply will be private to let you share credentials safely. ** Make a database backup before sharing credentials. **

Please note that FTP access is very important for this, we won't take risks of updating files, using a plugin, without having FTP access. This way we'll ensure to have a way to recover the site in case of an error in the archive template.

Jamal
Supporter

The credentials were not working for me. Can you double-check from your side. Can you also add the credentials to WordPress admin area as an administrator?

Jamal
Supporter

I confirm that WordPress credentials are working, I can log in to the backend. But FTP access is still not working for me. Maybe I should try with a different port or using sFTP, or maybe there are some geolocation restrictions (Morocco) or IPs restrictions. hidden link

Hey Jamal

Apologies. Can you try the FTP again now. It shouldn't have any geo issues and I've tested access again now and it's working with these credentials (from London).

Thanks

Jamal
Supporter

Hello Nick,

I am really sorry, but that is still not working for me. Check this screencast hidden link

Maybe, I need to use sFTP or a different port than 21. How do you connect to FTP?

The topic ‘[Closed] Repeating Loop’ is closed to new replies.