Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Repeatable group fields not showing up in Toolset blocks

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I have a custom post type and a repeatable field group (RFG) in that custom post type. I would like to create a list of all the custom posts and in that list show a list of the RFGs associated with that post.

Solution: This requires a nested View structure. Since it is not possible to create a nested View in Blocks, you must use the legacy Views editor. The process is outlined in another ticket.

Relevant Documentation:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/repeatable-field-inside-search-view/

0% of people find this useful.

This support ticket is created 2 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by patrikK-2 2 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author
reapeating fields.jpg
block.jpg
view-missing reapeated fields.jpg
team field.jpg
settings group.jpg

I have a custom posttype = "Team"
I have set up a "Fishes (Repeated group) " and 4 fields into it.
Fish type, Fish measure, Fish image, Fish score.

I did save this. And added this to the posttype "Team" in the settings for Team fields
The field shows up in back-end so i can add data to those fields. No problem there.

But, im about to create a leader board to show in front end, but i cant select the group ?
I have tried views, i have tried "repeating fields" No luck...
What do i miss ?

And one more question. can i limit to add just 10 posts to the repeating group of fields ?

EDIT:
I did get this to work now on a content template. but, thats not what i was supposed to accomplish.
My goal was to creat a leaderboard where i list all teams, and then all tehe group fields.

Team 1 | Grouped fields: Fish type, Fish measure, Fish image, Fish score.
TOTAL score

Team 2 | Grouped fields: Fish type, Fish measure, Fish image, Fish score.
TOTAL score

EDIT:
I did get this to work now on a content template. but, thats not what i was supposed to accomplish.
My goal was to creat a leaderboard where i list all teams, and then all tehe group fields.

Team 1 | Grouped fields: Fish type, Fish measure, Fish image, Fish score.
TOTAL score

Team 2 | Grouped fields: Fish type, Fish measure, Fish image, Fish score.
TOTAL score

Hello, it sounds like you need two nested Views here. The first View should loop over the Teams posts, and in the loop you should include the post title (Team name) and also include a second View that loops over the Fishes RFG and displays those fields. Unfortunately it is not possible to create nested Views in the Block Editor, so you need to use the legacy Views editor here.
I described this procedure in a similar ticket:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/repeatable-field-inside-search-view/

Please let me know if you need additional assistance with this process, I'm glad to help if you get stuck.

Oh, that worked perfectly! this is why i love Toolset, there is always a solution almost everything! Thanks for your help!!

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.