Skip Navigation

[Closed] Repeatable user field group

This support ticket is created 4 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Jamal 4 years ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?

I would like my users (real estate agent) enter their license number on their profile.
However, I would like let them choose state, and type of license(e.g. lic, certificate, others) and enter license number.
I thought I can make this happen with repeatable field group. But I don't see any option.

How can I make this happen?

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello and thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Toolset Types does not support Repeating Field Groups on user fields. You cannot create such a structure for users.

I would suggest one of the following solutions:
- Create a custom post type (License) and each user can add his licenses, each on a new post.
- Create a custom post type (Agent Licenses) and add a repeatable group field to it. Then allow each agent to create one post. (Limiting the number of posts may need some custom code or conditional display, you can create a new ticket for this and we'll help you).

If you believe this feature should be included in Toolset Types, please ask it here https://toolset.com/contact-us/suggest-a-new-feature-for-toolset/

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you for the information. I am trying to set up
" Create a custom post type (Agent Licenses) and add a repeatable group field to it." this option.

on the process of doing this, I am trying to create a pulldown list of all US 50 states. How can I mass import the csv file as a pull down selections?

Yes, I do need a custom coding help later.

Thank you for your help in advance!

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

If you want the states to be chosen on a "select" custom field, I am afraid, there is no such feature as import options for a select field.

You will have to manually enter the states on the select options.

I suggest that you give more details on your project so I can better advise you. For example, It is not possible to filter by the values of a repeatable field. So, If sometime later, you want to filter agents by state and license type, you cannot do it when each agent info (state, license type ) is on a repeatable field. In this case, I would better suggest using the "License" custom post type from my earlier suggestion than using one post from a custom post type "Agent Licenses".

The topic ‘[Closed] Repeatable user field group’ is closed to new replies.