Skip Navigation

[Closed] Repeatable fields appearing when they shouldn’t be and unable to delete

This support ticket is created 2 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

Author

Hi Minish,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I can see that the way you have set up repeatable field groups are how they are setup on our website. We do not have a problem in how they are setup, it's the fact that this fields have appeared when they haven't been created by us??

You said "Until and unless I discover how the issue is reproduced it would be hard for to to investigate the issue further." - do I take this that you are unable to resolve this issue?

How do you recommend we proceed? To delete the fields (listed below) that have appeared in the field group 'Field Group - Policies & Docs' and hope this doesn't happen again?

'Battery & Electrification'
'Battery Cells'
'Powertrain'

Thanks

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

Hello there! Minesh won't be available for a couple of days. If you don't mind, I'll continue with you on this ticket.

I read the conversation, and I can see that some items from the RFG appear as empty on another page.

To better investigate this issue, I'll need to debug it on my local development environment. Can I take a copy of your website(testsite1.citynewsdirect.com) for my debugging?

Hi Jamal - thanks for your message.

Yes, of course - please go ahead and take a copy of the site.

Thank you

Jamal
Supporter

Thank you! I took a copy of your website and I could not find why this happens. I am escalating it to our 2nd Tier team for further analysis and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Jamal
Supporter

Our 2nd Tier team is still working on this issue and we would like to know more about the history of the site:
- Has the site been upgraded from (much) earlier Types versions?
- Has the data(RFG items) been imported rather than entered on the page edit screens?

Screenshot 2021-11-12 at 11.13.08.png

Thanks for coming back to me Jamal.

Our 2nd Tier team is still working on this issue and we would like to know more about the history of the site:
- Has the site been upgraded from (much) earlier Types versions?
===> The site was initially started to be built in Aug'20 and went live in Jan'21 so the plugin versions shouldn't be that old. I have taken a look at a backup of the site from Dec'20 which is running Toolset Types 3.4.2 (I've attached a screenshot). (**I have this back site running on another test domain if you would like login details to look at that as well?)

- Has the data(RFG items) been imported rather than entered on the page edit screens?
====> All data (RFG items) is entered into the WordPress Page itself. (**This is a multilingual site which once the data is entered - in the WordPress pages - then translations are then sent out to be updated but through WMPL translations).

I hope this help.

Thanks again 🙂

Jamal
Supporter

Thank you for your feedback, I'll escalate these details to our 2nd Tier team, and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Hi Jamal - I just wanted to reach out to see if there was any update on this yet? Thank you

Jamal
Supporter

I am afraid this is still a work in progress. The 2nd Tier Team has some leads, but nothing conclusive right now. I'll keep you updated as soon as we have something to share.

Hi Jamal - I just wanted to contact you guys again to get a progress report on this and see whether you have identified the issue yet?

Thanks

Jamal
Supporter

Hello there! I am afraid this is still a work in progress on our 2nd Tier team. We have nothing to share about it yet, and we'll keep you updated as soon as possible. Our sincere apologies for the inconvenience.

Hi Jamal - I hope you're well. Just another chase to get an update on this, please? Thanks

Jamal
Supporter

Hello! I am afraid there is still nothing relevant we can share with you. I'll get back to you as soon as we have anything . Our sincere apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+00:00)

Hi there

I have some feedback to share with you, that the developers can see why the problem occurs—it relates to some corruption of the database—but cannot account for why the problem arose in the first place.

It should be possible to fix making some direct modifications to the database.

I wanted to check whether it is okay to go ahead and do that on your site.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+00:00)

Closing in the absence of any feedback.

The topic ‘[Closed] Repeatable fields appearing when they shouldn’t be and unable to delete’ is closed to new replies.