Skip Navigation

[Resolved] remove sidebar in CPT single's page using DIVI theme

This support ticket is created 2 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by davidS-72 2 years, 4 months ago.

Author
Captura de pantalla 2021-12-23 160008.jpg

Hi,
how can I remove the sidebar in CPT single's page using DIVI theme?

I've tried to create a single-myCPT.php in the child theme, copied from divi theme, and delete the line <?php get_sidebar(); ?>, but it doesn't worked.

Can you help me?

thanks!
David

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Screenshot 2021-12-23 at 16.14.47.png

Hi David

Are you using Toolset's Content Templates to create the template for your single custom posts?

If so, when editing the template without any blocks selected you'll find Theme Options settings in the sidebar where you can override the Divi theme settings and, in this case, specify that you want to use full-width layout without a sidebar.

See the screenshot, and check this link for more details about using templates: https://toolset.com/course-lesson/creating-templates-to-display-custom-posts/

(Note that Divi now also has its own templating system, but I don't know what is required to disable sidebars in that case, you would need to contact Divi support if you are using that.)

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.