Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Remove pagination dots under a container showing dynamic images as Background

This support ticket is created 2 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by rudolphv 2 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I use Elementor for only a handful of pages on my website and would like to move these to Toolset too. Basically really simple, View, Container in Viewloop to link to other page, Columns to split Container, new Container in the left column with a slide show of images (set as Background), right column w static text. BUT: is there any way to suppress the dots/numbers that appear under images???? I tried removing pagination in my theme (Astra), but am worried it affects other pages where I do need the pagination to move between pages... Your help would be really appreciated as usual. Now I slowly got my old brain around editing in Toolset/Gutenberg I actually prefer it over Elementor 🙂
Is there any documentation that you are following?
Yes, searched all relevant Toolset manuals, videos and support items
Is there a similar example that we can see?
Nope
What is the link to your site?
hidden link

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

We re talking about the dots/numbers under the slider images (to paginate the slider), yes?

Can you show how you have added this slider?

From what you are describing it sounds like it may be a paginated View output like a slider, rather than using the Image Slider block to iterate over images belonging to a single post, would that be right?

(We can't see your preview link as the post is not published.)

Screenshot_2.jpg
Screenshot_1.jpg

Apologies, this link should work:

hidden link

Yes, the dots/numbers, I rather not see them as the user is not supposed to interact, the rotating images are just for illustration of things to see when they click on the link (via Container) Happy to give you access, the site is still under development. I have added a screenshot of the edit page and the web page.

The images come now from a small test custom post, eventually, they come from an existing custom post where I can use Content and Ordering to show images from a relevant selection of posts.

I tried to use to create an Image slider with a single post w multiple images in one custom field but could not get the Pagination with automatic AJAX transition to work. The use of a Container Background works great, apart from the pesky pagination dots...

If there is no simple solution I have to live with it, but any help would be much appreciated.

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for sharing these details.

To hide the pagination dots, you can include the following CSS code in the view's "Custom CSS" field:

.wpv-pagination-nav-links-container.pagination-dots {
 display:none;   
}

regards,
Waqar

My issue is resolved now, CSS code works like a treat!. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.