Skip Navigation

[Resolved] remove p tag around excerpt

This support ticket is created 8 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Gian Luca 8 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

Hello,

I am using a view to show some random Custom Post Types in a site sidebar, but I need to prefix the post excerpts with their custom category. Unfortunately I cannot do it, because the excerpt gets always wrapped inside P tags, so the custom category ( which is supposed to be inline with the excerpt) is always on a different line. I tried a code to have a 'raw' output, found on this forum....but it didn't work. Any workaround / fix ?

Dear Gian,

Are you using Views shortcode [wpv-post-excerpt] in the content template?
If it is please try add attribute format="none" in to shortcode [wpv-post-excerpt], like this:
[wpv-post-excerpt format="none"]

Hello Luoy,
Thanks for your answer. That solved my issue perfectly! I am quite sure I went through the shortcode documentation and I didn't see that attribute. Did I look in the wrong place? Where are the updated docs?

Thanks a lot for your support anyway!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.