Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Relationship metabox in CPT just hangs

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

JS errors when edit post with many-to-many relationship
for example:

Uncaught TypeError: Unable to process binding "template: function(){return {afterRender:wpcfVanillaFormValidation} }"
Message: Unable to process binding "visible: function(){return isFieldVisible('post','hero-bg') }"
Message: self.visibleFields(...)[type].includes is not a function

Uncaught TypeError: Unable to process binding "template: function(){return {afterRender:wpcfVanillaFormValidation} }"
Message: Unable to process binding "visible: function(){return isFieldVisible('post','hero-bg') }"
Message: self.visibleFields(...)[type].includes is not a function

Solution:

It is a bug of Types plugin 3.0-RC, and our developers have fixed it in Types plugin 3.0-RC 2

you can download them here:
https://toolset.com/account/downloads/

Choose channel: Beta

Relevant Documentation:

This support ticket is created 5 years, 12 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by saint 5 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

Hi,

Two issues:

1.) I've had this a few times across 2 CPTs right now, where the Relationship meta box for my CPT just hangs when I load up a record.

Please see: hidden link

I've de-activated the relationship and re-activated, but to no avail.

2.) I created a # of fields that are assigned it to the Appointment Field Group; and the Appointment Field Group is tied to the Appointment CPT.

However, when I go to the WP admin. in that CPT, I don't see it at all. Just the hanged Relationship: hidden link

Update: I am now seeing it on another CPT as well.

These also just hang, and even after I connect to an existing related CPT, it doesn't show up.

hidden link

Hello,

The problem you mentioned above is abnormal, in case it is a compatibility problem, please try this:
1) make sure you are using the latest beta version of Types plugin 3.0-RC, you can download it here:

2) deactivate other plugins and switch to wordpress default theme, and test again
Also check if there is any Javascripts errors in your website.

3) If the problem still persists, please provide a database dump file (ZIP file) of your website in below private detail box, also point out the problem page URL, I need to test and debug it in my localhost, thanks

Thanks for the details, I have been able to duplicate same problem in my localhost with your database dump file, and have escalated this thread to our 2nd tier supporters, our developers will take care of it, I will update this thread if there is anything news.

Ok, great. Thank you Luo. Do we know when this issue might be resolved? We're trying to ramp up our launch and this is a bit of a "showstopper" in terms of making sure our backend CPT/CTs connects and talks to each other.

Thanks,

It should be fixed in the latest beta version of Types plugin, please update all Toolset plugins to the latest beta version and test again, you can download them here:

Hi Luo,

Thanks for your help, yes that did it! 🙂 Do you know what was the issue?

One thing I noticed, there seems to always be a slight delay in loading up the connected CPTs (which is understandable), but I'm curious to know if this delay causes:

1.) Any performance issue with the frontend page speed load times (for visitors)
2.) If this load time will increase as we add more records to the related CPTs

This ticket is resolved, so please feel free to close it (or I can do so as well) once you get a chance to let me know what you think about the above.

Thanks,

Q1) Do you know what was the issue?
It is a bug of Types plugin 3.0-RC, and our developers have fixed it in Types plugin 3.0-RC 2

Q2) slight delay in loading up the connected CPTs
Types is using AJAX to load the connected CPTs, so there will be a slight delay in loading, there should not be performance issue or increased load time.

But you can create new thread if there is any performance issue. thanks

Ok, great, thank you Luo!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.