Skip Navigation

[Closed] Relationship Forms Not Connecting

This support ticket is created 2 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 2 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

I have a membership site.

I created two post types "Member" and "Board", and I created a many to many relationship between them.
I have several "Members" and I have few "Boards"
I created a simple relationship form with "Members" to "Boards" and vice-versa and attached to a page and to a content template

The form displays the first post type for me to choose. After selecting a post among "Board" post type, and attempting to the select the second post "Member" to add to the "Board" it displays a message " NO MEMBER CAN BE ASSOCIATED TO BOARD"

I tried all I could, I verified the form, page, content template, fields and I could not understand what was the issue. I tried the other way around, and to select first from "Member" and then associating with "Board" then it displays "NO BOARD CAN BE ASSOCIATED TO MEMBERS"

Thanks

Hello,

The problem you mentioned above is abnormal, please check these:
1) Make sure you are using the latest version of Toolset plugins, you can download them here:
https://toolset.com/account/downloads/

2) In case it is a compatibility problem, please deactivate all other plugins, and switch to WordPress default theme 2021, and test again

3) If the problem still persists, please provide database dump file(ZIP file) of your website, you can put the package files in your own google drive disk, share the link only, also point out the problem page URL and form URL, I need to test and debug it in my localhost, thanks
https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

Thanks for the details, I am downloading the files, will update if find anything

I can see the problem with your duplicator package, this problem occur in both frontend relationship form and in dashboard admin side, you can try these:
Edit any one "Conference members" in WP admin side, try to connect it with another existed "Conf. Boards" post, I see same result: no item found.

I have tried it in a fresh WP installation + the latest version of Toolset plugins, it works fine.

So the problem is abnormal, do you have any clue to reproduce the same problem in a fresh WP installation?
According to our support policy, if it is a bug, we need to provide detail steps to reproduce the same problem in fresh WP installation, otherwise, it will take as an exception.

Well, I will try to do a fresh install.
Now, if I do a WP install without the content folder do you think the problem will persist? Did you upload a full WP install?
I am afraid that if I do a backup, and restore it will pick up whatever abnormalities to the new install.

Thanks

As I mentioned above, the problem persist with your database dump file + fresh WP installation + latest version of Toolset plugin,
but it works fine in fresh WP installation + latest version of Toolset plugin.

We need the detail steps to reproduce the same problem in fresh WP installation, please try to provide the clue. thanks

The topic ‘[Closed] Relationship Forms Not Connecting’ is closed to new replies.