Skip Navigation

[Resolved] relationship form in view loop redirect when stay on page selected

This support ticket is created 4 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 26 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Christian Cox 3 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

If you need to log-in as admin to my site just let me know...
Thanks!

Yes, I think I'll need that. My local test is not behaving the same way, so it will help to see how yours is configured. Please also let me know how I can see the View with relationship forms on the front-end of the site.

Okay I see, I bet the issue here is the permalink pattern. The reload feature probably doesn't take the URL parameters into account, so when the page reloads without URL params the homepage is displayed...let me see if I can replicate that on my local.

That's exactly it - URL parameters are not respected during the reload process. I'm asking my 2nd tier to take a closer look at this and I will let you know what I find out. My guess is we will have to get the developers involved again, but I am not 100% sure. I'll update you when I have more information to share.

Thank you Christian!

Okay 2nd tier support has escalated this issue to the Forms developers for resolution. I'll keep you posted here as work progresses. If a patch becomes available, I'll let you know here. Thanks for your patience, and sorry for the continued inconvenience.

Hi Christian,

Any progress on this? I really hope you all can fix it. The customers I'm targeting who would be using the form will find this bug to be a drag.

Thank you!

Nothing to report on my end, but I've asked my 2nd tier team for a status report and I'll let you know what I find out.

Okay my second tier team checked in and the issue is in our developers' queue for resolution, but I don't have a timeline available yet for delivery. We will get to it as soon as possible, and I will keep you posted as I receive more information.

Thank you!

Hi Christian,

Any progress on this issue? It's quite annoying. I see in the most recent update the problem still persists.
Thanks.

Hello, I'm sorry but I don't have any news to share on this issue. I can see it is still in the developers' queue to resolve, but unfortunately there is nothing more concrete at this time. The only real workaround I can think of is to drop the relationship Form entirely and recreate this functionality in an Edit Post Form instead using a combination of generic fields, Views, the Forms API, and the Post Relationships API. It would be a bit complex to implement and the typeahead / autosuggest fields would not be available for selecting posts, but it would be possible in that case to use the API to redirect to the appropriate URL with all URL parameters intact. If that's something you would be interested in pursuing using your own custom code, I'm able to provide examples and assistance with any Toolset APIs you need to implement this custom workaround.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.