Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Registration Key Updating Problem

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

The user was getting the error cURL error 7: Failed to connect to api.toolset.com port 443: Connection timed out

Solution:

This issue should be resolved by our systems team and you should be able to register your plugins without any issues.

This support ticket is created 5 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 22 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 5 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author
Screenshot_1.jpg

The option to report Toolset site registration issues is not available to select from your problem menu.

hidden link (this is a live website - please use caution)

WordPress login:
hidden link
user = lisa
pass = YT4bhuy622$

The Toolset plugin has lost it's connection with your plugin update system. It was working fine for the past year but in the last week, it says it is unregistered. Every time I try to enter back in the site key (site key = "nTTMEWcDMU" ) , I get an error message that says "Invalid site key for the current site"

~ I have tried this multiple times
~ I have tried canceling the registration and trying again
~ I have gone into my account on WP-Types and deleted the site, and then re-added the site and issued a new site key - then tried to add that new site key to the website

All efforts end up failing.

Further: VERY IMPORTANT.
The problem is spreading. Another of my sites has the exact same problem (hidden link). There may be more that I have not delivered yet.

Your system is not authenticating the site keys and as a result my sites can't update.

I need help urgently.

Paul

Further to the above:

This problem is causing serious problems in the WordPress Posts Editor.
I can't type into the editor window and see any content.

This is happening on at least two of my sites that have this problem - maybe more (I'm afraid to look)

Since I haven't heard from anyone yet, I tried to:

~ upload via FTP the new version of TYPES (3.01) and the new version of VIEWS (2.6)

They are now updated, but the control panel still says I've got to register Toolset. So I once again deleted my site (JLKRealty.com) from Toolset control panel and then re-added it getting a new site key.

I tried to use that site key in the WordPress area and now I get a "cURL error 7: Failed to connect to api.toolset.com port 443: Connection timed out" message

This is such an awful process... and I've got multiple sites suffering from this problem.

Help requested. Many thanks in advance of you can assist. 🙂
Paul

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Paul,

Could you check with the hosting provider that you are using the latest version of CURL ?

If not could you let them update you to the latest version you have available.

Thanks,
Shane

I will do that. I have submitted a support request to them.

Is that what you think it is? It takes so long to get a response from Toolset (not your fault I know) that I'm afraid of losing another day waiting for you to check some other possibility if the cURL thing turns out no to be related...

Are there other things that can be looked into while my hosting provider investigates the cURL version?

Many thanks,
Paul

Shane
Supporter

Hi Paul,

I'm checking with other support tickets with similar issues and the curl errors are usually due to outdated curl versions.

Thanks,
Shane

My PHP has been upgraded to version 7.2 (and so I believe that that means I now have the latest version of cURL).
However, nothing has improved.

To my limited understanding, the error message indicates that my site can't connect to your server - time out... like it's a problem on your end, and not on my end.

ea-php72-php-curl.x86_64 7.2.6-1.1.4.cpanel @EA4

please see my previous response, but this version # just came in from my host

Hi,

I still need help and am hoping that someone can return to this ticket as soon as available.

Despite now having PHP 7.2 and latest cURL, my site(s) still won't register with Toolset website.

cURL error 7: Failed to connect to api.toolset.com port 443: Connection timed out

Thanks,
Paul

Shane
Supporter

Hi Paul,

This is known issue and our team is working on it.

Thank you. Please post me news of a resolution as soon as it's available. I have multiple sites (across multiple servers) affected.

Best,
Paul

Shane
Supporter

Hi Paul,

Will update you as soon as i'm able to .

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

Just a reminder (although you probably don't need one). I'm still having the same difficulties - no improvement. I am forced to FTP the updates to each site. I have about 15-20 sites that use a variety of Toolset plugins and so it's very tedious.

Thanks in adavance for any news.

Paul

Shane
Supporter

Hi Paul,

I actually checked and see that they are still trying to get this resolved.

Thanks,
SHane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Paul,

Could you check for me and let me know if this issue still remains?

Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.