Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Registering Users in WordPress

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 16 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Weber Edouard Marie Anne 1 year, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author
toolset_register_artost.jpg

Tell us what you are trying to do?
register user creating 1) registration form which makes no problem 2) Insert the registration form into a page -> problem
Is there any documentation that you are following?
https://toolset.com/course-lesson/creating-forms-for-registering-users/
Is there a similar example that we can see?
no because site is in development and there is no page (because there I have the problem)
What is the link to your site?
hidden link

toolset_dasboard.jpg

I forgot to mention that the problem is the appearance of the "Custom Fields Group" .
at this place it should not appear.
I see also "work" (<-Custom Fields Group) at the Toolset Dashboard where, I suppose; it should not be

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for getting in touch.

I'm not sure I understand the issue fully. Can you provide a bit more detail on the issue for me ?

Thanks,
Shane

sorry, did not see your response as I got an information/mail I would get response monday!
anyway thanks for quick answer albeit did not surge benefit 🙁

works does not have any relation with artists (I mean not as data set albeit it does have a link to artist and possibly if needed the other way round)!!! it should be an individual data set!!!
somewhere (I cant remember/find) where I worked on that relationship (-> I know I did something in toolset/relationships) respectively how to eliminate just to see if that is the problem -> would mean that I used "toolset/relations" erroneous!
if you still have the data to access you can access as I did not change the access data (as it is a development site there is not much importance changing)

Screenshot from 2022-08-14 12-54-06.png

other/same problem:
on the web I always find examples (in toolset) where a page/post exists.
I am mounting the site and I start from scratch -> no data.
so I am trying to build a content template to subsequently input data and show on page/post.
to add a user I made this "user form"-> hidden link
it is saved
if now I want to put the form on a page I have the problem with "work" as described before.

new question: how can I use text/picture stored in files with toolset?

I have stored different files (more ):
hidden link
hidden link

I would like to use in custom fields.
Thanks for answer

Ed.

subsidiary question:

would I create a database problem if I integrate all my text files (+/- 2000 files having 1KB to +/- 50 KB) into the wordpress database????

this would eliminate the need of reading/integrating on the fly the sored files via their URL.

remark to #2437637

The toolset has a custom field to integrate a picture.
I see that this picture is integrated into the wordpress database.
I will have an awful lot of pictures (even high resolution) of artworks ! will I have a database problem?

remark to #2437599

As I wanted to investigate further the plugin oxygen I got aware that I also was bothered with custom field group "work".
I saw that I can deactivate work and the problem is gone.

questions
1) how was this relation/link of "work" to virtually the whole site created and how can it be eliminated
2) what for is such a relation/link

thanks

Shane
Supporter

Hello,

In order to avoid confusion of dealing with multiple issues in this thread I would recommend that we only handle your initial issue here.

Our support policy recommends one issue per thread.

Based on what I see here your Work custom field group, is it appearing on the Wrong post type ? If so which post type should it appear on.

Thanks,
Shane

ok (albeit it seems to me that all is linked).
so the "custom fields work" should be only with the page work !

after 5 minutes I found this:
having a quick look at "toolset/customfields" I saw that I just called the fieldgroup works -> "works" while I named the other fieldgroups (artists,expositions) "field-group for xy".

remembering my previous ticket I renamed works to field_group_work and that problem resolved itself!!!
MY CONCLUSION: like in my previous ticket (post field group not possible to change Type after creating) the problem is due to a mismatch of "type" -> there seems to be no control of "types" coded neither for the names nor the types (recalls me coding 30 years ago, I then opted to code in pascal!!!).

I will now check what this all changed and if there is no more problem.

I will come back and report.

meanwhile i could ask for an answer to my question of database:
in former times we minimized the load of the data-base storing text and images outside of the data-base and made the link via URL. now the ANSWER I AM SEARCHING for: is it possible to save brutally all in WordPress/WooCommerce (-> equals to the question: does WordPress/WooCommerce split the Data in tables so that there is no more sense caring for that problem)??

thanks for your answer

best

Ed.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Eduard,

Woocommerce and wordpress do split the tables. This means woocommerce will generate its own tables inside the wordpress database.

However any post data will be stored in the post table for wordpress, this includes the woocommerce products.

Thanks,
Shane

hi

what are the limits of the database?
- records
- max MB

thanks

Shane
Supporter

Hello,

Usually these limits to the database are controlled by your host. You may need to contact your website host for more information on these parameters.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi
Sorry don't think so:
My hosting is limited by space which I can easily upgrade.
In clear: my hosting is a virtual server which is able to be relocated to a fiscal machine.
The response to my question about the database relates to the database of wordpress (which should be a modern(up to date) database. I do not know the actual limits of such a database as I did not code for a long time
I would be grateful to know those limits in order to see if I can (if it is wise) to save all the texts and images into the integrated database or if I should save the URL to images and text in the database.
Also would I like to know if the speed stays acceptable by loading the database with all that amount of MB.

thanks

Ed.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.