Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Recommended Setup for New Functionality

This support ticket is created 3 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by J S 3 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author

J S

I am creating a new site for a client. Part of the functionality needed is as follows:

The first user type is participant. A pre-defined list of people (participants - approximately 30 people) will receive login credentials to this site. Once logged in to the site, they will see a page with 7 assignments. Each of the 7 assignments will have some instructions with a video and a simple submission form. The form will only have two fields, a text field and a photo upload field. The participants will only be able to submit 1 assignment per day, and must complete the assignments in order. In other words they cannot go to assignment 2, without first completing assignment 1 and so forth. Participants should be able to see all of their submissions in a front-end dashboard page where they can also make edits to their submissions for a certain period of time that can be toggled on/off from the backend by an admin. Participants will only be able to see their own submissions and not have access to the submission made by other participants.

The second user type is clinician. Clinicians will be able to login to the site and also see a front-end page but they will have access to all of the submissions to all of the questions made by all of the participants, but the individual participants will not be identifiable to the clinicians, rather the participants will only be identifiable by a number. The number would be linked with a participants user information on the backend only for admins to see.

Can you recommend the simplest straight forward and most appropriate way to set this up using Toolset?

Thank you!

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

The first user type is participant. A pre-defined list of people (participants - approximately 30 people) will receive login credentials to this site. Once logged in to the site, they will see a page with 7 assignments. Each of the 7 assignments will have some instructions with a video and a simple submission form. The form will only have two fields, a text field and a photo upload field.
==>
You should create a post type "Assignments' where you should add your 7 assignment information with instructions and video, assignment order custom filed that will hold the assignment order.
- Regarding the form - is form is submitted by participant as answer to the assignment? If yes:
- Create a new post type "Assignment Submissions" and create one to many relationship between post type "Assignment" and "Assignment Submissions".

The participants will only be able to submit 1 assignment per day, and must complete the assignments in order. In other words they cannot go to assignment 2, without first completing assignment 1 and so forth.
==>
There is no such native feature available but you can check this by adding some custom shortcode/function that checks if there is any submission on the same day (current date) by the participant and return boolean value and based on that boolean value you will require to display the assignment information.

Participants should be able to see all of their submissions in a front-end dashboard page where they can also make edits to their submissions for a certain period of time that can be toggled on/off from the backend by an admin.
==>
Again - there is no such feature available but this can be achieved by some custom code and conditional statements.

Participants will only be able to see their own submissions and not have access to the submission made by other participants.
==>
For this you can create a view and add a query filter from the "Query filter" section and filter the posts by post author.
- https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/views/filtering-views-query-by-author/

The second user type is clinician. Clinicians will be able to login to the site and also see a front-end page but they will have access to all of the submissions to all of the questions made by all of the participants, but the individual participants will not be identifiable to the clinicians, rather the participants will only be identifiable by a number. The number would be linked with a participants user information on the backend only for admins to see.
==>
I will require more information about this, what number and what questions will be made by participants and from where participants will raise the questions? what is the logic of individual participants identification with clinicians? Can you please share a test case example.

More info:
- https://toolset.com/documentation/adding-custom-code/how-to-create-a-custom-shortcode/

J S

Hello,

Thank you for the reply. I've started to set this up but am running into some issues. Can you please have a look at the site at the included link and set this up as you suggest with an example assignment?

Thanks

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello there.
As Minesh is on vacation for a couple of days, I will continue with you on this ticket.

You suggested checking on the included link, but I do not see any. I also checked your previous ticket, but they are all closed, and credentials on them will be automatically removed.

Please share new credentials to your website in your next reply, which will be private.
And explain which part of the use case you need help with?

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Thank you, Jordan, for the credentials access. I was able to log in and be familiar with your current setup.

But, I'll still need to understand your workflow a bit in order to better help you. I do see the forms for creating submissions, but I was not able to find out where the form is used. I visited the "Key Populations" page and an assignment page, but the form is not there.
- hidden link
- hidden link

I understand that you want to track submissions for each "Key Population Role" user, and you want the submissions to be ordered, they need to submit the first, in order to submit the second and so on until they submit the whole 7, right?
But, I wonder, how would you like that to be:
- Using a special page? Let's say "My submissions" or "My assignments"?
- From an account page?
- From the Assignment page?

Please provide a URL or more details, so I can be sure to give the appropriate advice or help/example.

- Right now, the forms allow submitting of data but the submissions all have the same title and both forms are displaying information back to the submitter on a page that should apply to the first assignment only.
Can you show me where? Or record a short video for me to understand better?

- I'd like a link at the top of each assignment submitted to link to the next assignment, ideally based on the assignment order field...and also a link for the previous assignment.
This may be tricky a bit. Let's work on it later.

- I would like a front end page for any logged in Key Population user to be able to see a list of all of their assignment submissions.
Create a page that will serve this purpose. Inside of the page, create a view block and configure it to display submissions filtered by the author being the current logged in user https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/views/filtering-views-query-by-author/
Let me know if you want an example.

Another problem I am having is that the text editor on the Content Template pages is not showing up in the block editor which is making it challenging to edit my text within blocks.
I don't understand what do you mean? What texts would you like to edit? Can you elaborate more?

J S

Hi Jamal,

1. The forms are being used on Assignments 3 and 4 on this page: hidden link

2. Yes a My Assignments or My Submissions page would be fine - I didn't know if this should be a page or if it would be an archive/view of the assignments post type filtered to show only the posts of the signed in user. I'll defer to you on this, please set up whatever is most appropriate to show me.

3. - You asked "Can you show me where?" - sure if you submit the form for assignment 3 that appears on this page: hidden link it takes you to a view displaying the submission and the edit form for that submission - all good. But if you submit the form for assignment 4, on this page: hidden link it displays the submission data on the same view as shown for assignment 3 after you submit the form.

Let's address these for now!

Thanks,
Jordan

J S

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.