Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Recommendation on compatible starter theme to build themes for selling.

This support ticket is created 4 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Jamal 4 years ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author

Hi,

I would like to develop a theme with the toolset and SELL it. I also have a theme Author license (for years, did not use it).

My questions are:

which starter theme in your expert opinion is best to build themes (which is also compatible with toolset). I do not want to use one of the recommended themes like Astra, OceanWP, etc as I would sell that theme. And I do not think I can use these themes for that purpose).

How about free frameworks like sage, beans, gantry, foundation, etc. Can I use them? If yes, which one is highly recommended or less recommended from a toolset compatibility point of view.

I would also like to bundle Brizy builder along with toolset blocks in my theme. Is that ok?

Thanks and I appreciate your time.

Iftikhar

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello Iftikhar and thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

I am not really sure how to answer your questions, but this article and the linked articles may give you more information https://toolset.com/home/toolset-for-theme-authors/

If you still have doubts you will need to use this form instead of the support forum https://toolset.com/home/toolset-for-theme-authors/contact/

From a technical point of view, Toolset act on the the_content() function of WordPress that generates the main content of the page.

You may also give a look at this theme, created by our colleague Beda, for inspiration. But you should be aware that Toolset Layouts is on maintenance only and will not include any new features, as we are moving toward blocks.
hidden link

All the best,
Jamal

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.