Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Protected Pages in Woocommerce and Views

This support ticket is created 7 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Jeffrey McQuillan 7 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author

I am trying to:
Display a Post with URL using Views for a post that is protected by Woocommerce.

I visited this URL:
hidden link

I expected to see:
The Post title w/ links to pages that are protected

Instead, I got:
A content protected page warning.

---
I have this exact issue:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/posts-are-password-protected/

I'd like to know if it was resolved for this client, and if so, what solution was provided. If it cannot be resolved due to 3rd party issues, I'll seek a work-around, but thought I'd ask first.

Thanks,
Jeff

Bildschirmfoto 2016-08-30 um 15.42.38.png

That issue was not due to Toolset.
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/posts-are-password-protected/#post-366145

On your Link, I see a list of Posts (links to), and no password protected screen.

For that clien there was not much to resolve as there was no issue with Toolset.

Can you explain what the problem is and how it relates to Toolset?
Does the problem disappear if you do not use Toolset?

Hi Beda - I realized after checking more that you are right, this is a WC issue. Sorry to bother you!

I discovered that a work-around (for others who have this issue and search this forum) is to restrict access to elements on the page with the [wc_restrict] shortcode rather than restrict content to entire posts via WC's Membership Plan or Product interfaces.

Protecting an entire page or post type triggers the content protection message even when you just want to display the post title with URL via Views (or anywhere else). I found I can get the same benefit by using the shortcode on a page rather than trying to protect on the post/page level.

Anyway, thanks for your quick response!
Jeff

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.