Skip Navigation

[Closed] Posts are password protected

This support ticket is created 8 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Beda 8 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author

I am trying to display WooCommerce orders with a view. I did make some changes to the Custom Post type so I could see the order post type and then create the view. That worked OK. The problem is I did not get any results without filters.

Then I applied a filter for orders that have been marked as complete in WooCommerce. I used "Select posts with status of wc-completed".

This did result in some results being retrieved, but it seems like it is attempting to display the posts (orders) but it looks like they are all password protected because in place of the actual record I just get this dialog box.

"This content is password protected. To view it please enter your password below:"

Any ideas how to overcome this issue? It seems like WooCommerce is protecting the orders by password protecting them.

Thanks

This is something that we do not provide.
If a 3rd Party Plugin is hiding or protecting content, we do respect this and not trying to change the Plugin's settings.

It's like if a Theme or Plugin provides Roles, you can not control them with Access.

Same is for Views, or any other Toolset Component.

We can not alter the 3rd Party Code or behavior, this would call for incompatibilities and eventual security issues.

I would suggest to ask over in WooCommerce Forums how to make Orders a Publicly accessible Post Type, and if it's advised to do so, or if there are security concerns doing that.

I apologize that this is not a Toolset issue and I can't be of any effective help in this case.

Thank you for your comprehension.

But in this case I can't even access the post titles when I just have one parameter, to just show post titles.

Even in WordPress the password protected post titles will still show, just the content is hidden. Views is actually exceeding the controls present in WordPress, it's not following them exactly.

So even just retrieving a list of password protected posts will not be possible, even if you want them to login once they click the page link.

When you password Protect a post in WordPress and display it with Views, you will see the title, and a password Field for the Post Body.

This is how it works with Default and Custom Post Types using Types and Views.

It must be another restriction of WooCommerce making it impossible for Views to render the Title.
Views is following the WordPress restrictions.

WooCommerce is adding additional restrictions, which seem to make it impossible for Views to display WooCommerce Orders as you want.

This is not how Orders of WooCommerce are intended to be used, there is a reason WooCommerce hides them.
The password is not a WordPress password but (as per WordPress Post as example) a Password you set in the Post Edit interface.

Can I see your system from the WP Admin end to see what we an do here?

Please also remember that this is Custom Code, which implements changes of default behavior of a 3rd party Plugin.
I might be of limited assistance here only, but I want to help and see what we can do.

I will enable a private answer form.

Thank you

The topic ‘[Closed] Posts are password protected’ is closed to new replies.