Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Programmically add checkboxes to a checkbox group

This support ticket is created 6 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 6 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

I want to have checkboxes in a checkbox group as user fields based on cpt custom taxonomy.
Similar like adding select options to a select drop down list.
Is there a filter like 'wpt_field_options' but for checkboxes?

Thanks in advance

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Well - Types checkboxes field is special field as it stores the option values as a serialized array which is hard to manipulate and access.

Basically, there is no such native feature available as it needs custom programming which is eventually out of the scope of our support policy. If you need custom programming for your site, please don't hesitate to contact our certified partners.
=> https://toolset.com/consultant/

However - I can suggest you one way to store multiple values for single field but you need to check if that fits into your requirement. You should create a textfield and set it as "Allow multiple-instances of this field", I mean repeating field by that way you can store multiple values for the single field.
=> https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/repeating-fields/

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.