Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Product templates to and from Elementor

This support ticket is created 5 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Christian Cox 5 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author
Product_Templates_options.jpg
Product_Templates.jpg

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I have a Single Product Template created using Toolset and I have created another Single Product Template with Elementor for another Product category.
With the Woocommerce Views settings (see screenshot), I can either use the Toolset Template or the Elementor template - depending on the last 2 options (see attached screenshot). Is it possible to import the Elementor Product template into Toolset or bring the template created with Toolset into Elementor? I would like all product Templates to on the same system so that different templates will be applied to different categories.

At the moment the Content Template for Products (created by Toolset) is applied to All Products (see attached screenshot). I would like different Product Templates to be applied to different product categories.

Is there any documentation that you are following? I have not see any documentation about this but have seen that Toolset Views can be applied to Elementor so maybe the templates can be recreated there too.

Is there a similar example that we can see? Pleas see Woocommerce new product screenshot showing that the Content Template for products is being used. I would like to be able to have more than one Product Templates for different product types.

What is the link to your site? hidden link

Hi, unfortunately there's no automated template import / export / conversion process between Toolset and Elementor, so you would have to manually recreate one system's templates in the other system. To recreate an Elementor template in Toolset, that would involve recreating the markup generated by Elementor and replacing content with Toolset shortcodes. Once you have your templates created in Toolset, then you can choose the template in the Product editor screen, or use the wpv_filter_force_template hook to programmatically choose the Content Template you wish to apply to the current post: https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/views-filters/#wpv_filter_force_template

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.