Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Product (custom) Post type renders wrong after Toolset update.

This support ticket is created 2 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 1.93 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by derekC-8 2 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I have a custom post type called "product" and everything has been fine. It rendered using the single-x.php template like all of my other custom types. After upgrading to the latest Toolset Types from 3.3.10, it now renders using the page.php template instead of the single, which is obviously breaking the layout. I spent a couple hours digging around last night, looking for a setting, temporarily renaming template files, etc. and nothing works. I know that it's using the page template now because I added some test text to that template and had it show in source. Again, this has not affected any of my other custom types, which all have the single-x.php templates set up. "X" being the post type name.

Is there any documentation that you are following?

Is there a similar example that we can see?
This is what the page should look like (this site is using 3.3.10 still): hidden link
This is what it looks like after the upgrade on this site (which was recently duplicated from the site above): hidden link

What is the link to your site?

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

To check whats going wrong with your setup - Can you please share admin access details as well as FTP.

As I understand:
The following product: hidden link
Should be displayed like this product hidden link
- Right?

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

I've added the following CSS code to the content template that displays the product:
- hidden link

.product .entry-header { display: none !important; }
.product .wp-post-image { display: none !important; }

The above CSS will hide the title and featured image.

You can’t possibly be suggesting this is a solution. Number one, this is a hack as it does not solve the problem of the post type suddenly using the page.php template instead of the single. I can hide things all day long, it doesn’t solve the problem. What occurred in the Toolset update that forced this change and how do I get it working exactly like the other post types still work? That is the answer I need.

Minesh
Supporter

Indeed - you are absolutely right, its using the page.php template to render the product post - that is something really weird and even I'm seeing this issue first time.

In order to minimize the cause of the issue as well to ensure there is no plugin/theme conflict:

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
Could you please try to resolve your issue by deactivating all third-party plugins as well as with the default theme to check for any possible conflicts with any of the plugins or themes? - Do you see any difference? If no:

I'll require duplicator copy of your site.
- https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

I found the problem myself. It was the only post type that was set to "hierarchical". This was not a problem before the Toolset plugin update I made, so clearly a bug. Thankfully, I don't actually need the setting, but that wasted a lot of my time.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.