Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Problem with migrated/created page/update page/use blocks/views

This support ticket is created 3 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Rostislav Avtodiychuk 3 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I'll try duplicate site and migrate to other domain. On front-end I get ideal copy, but when i try edit page with other blocks or something else - i can't edit any block/modules/fields/views
Also I'll try install clean WP install theme Astra Pro and try to repeat my pages from other domain (hand made duplicate) when i add views and try use blocks I can't publish page ( button is not active ) and I don't see any content in front-end with preview.
WP 5.5.1, theme - Astra Pro, all plugins is actually and last updated
I record short video for explain what i mean. hidden link
Please help to find problem, thank you

Three days can't resolve this problem 🙁

Is there any documentation that you are following?
https://toolset.com/faq/how-do-i-migrate-a-wordpress-site-from-one-domain-to-the-other/
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/using-toolset-module-manager/
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/cant-publish-page-updating-failed-error/

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

I set up a test site with the latest versions of Toolset plugins and Astra Pro and tried to reproduce the problem but could not.

Before going any further, please check for errors.

Check the browser console for JS errors while editing the page with the View that you cannot update, and also check the debug.log for PHP errors.

If you haven't already, turn on the debug log by editing your wp-config.php file and change the line with WP_DEBUG like so:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);
define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', true);
define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);
define('WP_DISABLE_FATAL_ERROR_HANDLER',true);

That will create a debug.log file in your /wp-content/ directory which you can examine in any text editor. Try editing the same page again and then inspect the log. If you don't find the debug.log file it means it didn't generate any warnings or errors.

Finally, check for conflicts. Disable all plugins except Toolset, and make sure you are not running any custom code (if you edited the theme's functions.php file, switch theme to twentytwenty, and disable any code snippets added in Toolset > Settings). Then try editing and updating the page again. If the problem no longer appears then you should be able to determine the source of any conflict that triggers the problem by a process of elimination.

Hello, thank you for answer.
I'll deactivated all plugins (exclude Toolset plugins), activated Twenty Nineteen theme and see same result 🙁
I load debug.txt and wp-system-info on google drive may be this information help to resolved problem. hidden link

I cannot exclude the possibility that the problem may be due to my hosting, but I have websites and stores with many products and portals with heavy plugins (discounts, filters, online payment and many others) with a lot of traffic, before I had such problems did not observe.
I also transferred the duplicate to the localhost, I was able to create several views and everything worked normally, but when I tried to update the Toolset plugin (Types 3.4), my site completely stopped functioning, only when I replaced it with the old files of the original site, it worked.
My hosting meets your minimum requirements to work with your plugins. Perhaps some extensions or something else is missing, but here, unfortunately, I cannot understand and figure it out.
Thank you for help.

Nigel
Supporter

Can I get a copy of your site so that I can install it locally for testing? hidden link

Be sure to exclude the upload directory when creating the package to keep the archive file size down.

If you have problems using Duplicator, you could try All in One WP Migration, and you can share a folder with the backup packages here (only you and I will see the link).

The debug log you shared includes a *lot* of warnings and some errors, something clearly is not well with the installation.

hidden link here my backup which my errors and debug.txt provided to you in previous message. I don't assign any page for home, I try with created new page.
Thank you

Nigel
Supporter

I installed the site locally and can see issues when editing Views, with various JS errors being shown in the browser console as I do.

It appears to be a problem specific to this site, it is not something I have seen on other sites or can reproduce on another site.

I need to escalate this so that my colleagues can check the site to see if they can determine what is wrong, and I'll get back to you when I have some feedback.

Thank you, I waiting you reply.
I really hope for some kind of positive answer and I would very much like to leave the functionality that is provided with the Astra Pro theme (add-on for Gutenberg and others), you had it all disabled when I duplicated the site.
thank

Nigel
Supporter

The developer looked into this and reports that the existing View that was uneditable that he looked at is heavily corrupted in the database and cannot be recovered. You mention migrating the site, something seems to have gone wrong with the migration tool you used.

As far as creating new Views is concerned, I think you are being affected by a known issue which we don't have an erratum for, I'm going to create one after I write to you.

With the Fields and Text block, if you insert the block you must—once it has loaded—first click inside the text box before you click on the button to insert fields such as the Post title etc. (the Fields and Views button), otherwise it generates the JS error that appears in the browser console and means the block fails to function correctly.

To sum up, we cannot do anything about the failing existing Views, you likely need to migrate the site again or rebuild the problem Views.

And when using the Fields and Text block, you need to click into the text area before you can use the buttons to insert dynamic fields.

If there is something else specific that is a problem, please let me know.

Thank you Nigel for your reply.
"And when using the Fields and Text block, you need to click into the text area before you can use the buttons to insert dynamic fields." i didn't know about this problem, i'll try to do it right.
Could you answer me, maybe I should give up the toolset block and continue using the toolset view?

Nigel
Supporter

To be honest, I didn't know about it either, it had been reported internally by someone not involved in support, which is why it didn't get logged on the known issues page.

I would give Blocks another try, I think it is worth it, but as I said it looks like you will need to recreate the View block(s) you want to use because they have been broken in the migration process.

Thank you for your help, I believe in your team and have been with you for a very long time.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

Hello Nigel, after long correspondence with the hosting, we found a solution that helped me restore the site. The whole problem was in the included Modsecurity necessary to protect old sites from hacking and its functions blocked any changes on the site. After we disabled it, restored it using a duplicate plugin, everything became the same as during the initial development on the local server. It is also not recommended to turn it back on, after that the editing ability disappears.
Perhaps this information will also be useful to other users.
Thank you again for your help.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.