Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Postcode showing results from all over UK

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

Search using LS179EL and LS179HT postcodes. First one is showing results from all over UK but second one is showing result correctly.

Solution:

So there should be a problem in your Google map API key, please follow our document to setup the map API key, and test again.

Relevant Documentation:

https://toolset.com/course-lesson/creating-a-maps-api-key/#api-key

This support ticket is created 3 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by scottS-23 3 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

I am trying to:
Search using LS179EL and LS179HT postcodes. First one is showing results from all over UK but second one is showing result correctly.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

I expected to see:
LS179EL is just around the corner from LS179HT.... so the former should show up (plus others within 3 miles) when I search for the latter. It shouldn't show all UK

Instead, I got:
Results from all over UK

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Can we get some more information about how you've set this up?

I can see that if I search for an exact match the results work, but if searching for a similar-but-different postcode they don't.

Are you manually entering the data with the addresses in the post edit screens, or doing something else such as importing data?

To take your specific example, if you edit the post with postcode LS179HT in the backend and manually update the address field with that post code (you'll need to select an actual address from the auto-suggest from Google) and save the post, then repeat the test on the front-end, does it work when searching a nearby postcode?

Hi,

Following ticket contains complete details of how we have done everything.

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/search-page-not-showing-all-entries-and-duplicate-entry-error-in-error-log/

We basically imported listings from a CSV file and then used patch provided by toolset support to speed up geocoding speed.

Now regarding "LS179HT" example, there is no listing present in the system with LS179HT address. So what we want is, system should show addresses which are located nearby LS179HT.

Hello,

Thanks for the details, I can see the problem in your website, please check these:
Dashboard-> Toolset-> Settings-> Maps, in section "Google Map API key", click button "Check API", you should be able to see the error message:

REQUEST_DENIED - This IP, site or mobile application is not authorized to use this API key....

So there should be a problem in your Google map API key, please follow our document to setup the map API key, and test again:
https://toolset.com/course-lesson/creating-a-maps-api-key/#api-key

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.