Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Post relationship issue.

This support ticket is created 3 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Author

I created a post form called 'introducties' and a MANY TO MANY post relationship called 'vakexperts introducties' but the post relationship is not showing up in the post form. When we create a ONE TO MANY post relationship called 'vakexpert introducties' then this post relationship does show up. However, we want to connect unlimited vakexperts to the post form called 'introducties', so a ONE TO MANY post relationship does NOT do the job. Please help.

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

Your observation is correct and it is not possible to select more than one post item to join in a relationship, through a single form submission.

This is why in the forms to add/edit posts, you'll only see the relationship field if the type of post-relationship allows only 'one' connection and not 'many'.

In the case of many-to-many posts, you can use the relationship forms, where each post connection can be added, one at a time.

The setup will involve one post form to add a new "introducties" post (without the relationship field) and then set the form to take the user to the newly created post.

Then on the single "introducties" post, you can include a relationship form, where the user can join as many "vakexperts" posts as needed.

I hope this helps and please let me know if you need any further assistance around this.

regards,
Waqar

Hi Waqar,

We can now connect multipe "vakexperts" to an "introducties" post so that works, HOWEVER,

What query filter should we apply to > "view" > "content selection" > "introducties" to ONLY SHOW the "introducties" posts to "vakexperts" that have been connected to them?

This is the page we created: hidden link.

We tried a lot of filters but none work so far.

New threads created by Waqar and linked to this one are listed below:

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/split-how-to-show-the-related-posts-through-view/

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Thanks for the update.

I've split a new ticket for the question about the relationship filter in the view and will reply to it shortly.
( ref: https://toolset.com/forums/topic/split-how-to-show-the-related-posts-through-view/ )

You're welcome to mark this ticket as resolved and start a new one for each new question or concern.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.