Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Post Field Control – WYSIWYG field

This support ticket is created 4 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Puntorosso 4 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

Hi,
I would like to control a CPT field through Types, that has a WYSIWYG input.
But when I select "Manage with Types", in Post Field Control, it shows as a Single Line field, and it won't allow me to switch to WYSIWYG.

Also, if I assign this field to a Types Custom Fields Group, why the original still appear?

hidden link

Thanks for any advice

Best

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Well - if you try to click on the "Change Type" link it will offer you the only filed to which you can convert the field type to. I see if you have WYSIWYG this field you can not convert to another field type.

In addition to that, I would like to know, the field you want to convert to other field type Types field or that field is created from another plugin?

Hi,

the field is created by another plugin (Tickera).
That's why I use the "Manage with Types" function.

The original field is a WYSIWYG field and I want to keep that!
The problem is that, once under Types control, it is automatically converted to Single and there's no option to change it back.

If you look at the screenshot I have sent previously, you will see the original field at the bottom and the Types one on top.

Minesh
Supporter

Yes - that's correct, you can not convert third party field as WYSIWYG field type. This is not possible due to the different Data Structure. It's also not possible to convert an Existing WYSIWYG to another kind of Field.

I think we don't understand each other 🙁
I don't want to convert nothing.
I just want to control this field with Types, that's all.
The field is already a WYSIWYG and should stay as WYSIWYG.

Minesh
Supporter

I understand you but let me try to explain that you can not set a field type as WYSIWYG that is already WYSIWYG (created using another plugin) this is a limitation.

This is due to how we manage the WYSIWYG and other plugins handle the WYSIWYG. Due to data structure difference its not possible. That is why you see WYSIWYG field (created using another plugin) as a single line field.

Ok, in this case I will have to live with it 😉
Thanks

Best

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.