Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Post and product woocommerce relationship and user change

This support ticket is created 6 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 6 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

Hi!
I have a website called: hidden link
I have different custom post types created. Some of this post types are parents of Woocommerce product.
My users can create posts and select product via front-end and product becomes a post type child.
My problem appears when I work as administrator and I want to change some text in user posts via backend.
When I save the post it will create two different post:
1) A post with username author whom has created it, but without product.
2) An strange post, empty of custom field values and with my administration author

Can you help me?

Dear oriolc,

The problem you mentioned above is abnormal, in case there is any compatibility problem, please try this:
1) deactivate other plugins and switch to wordpress default theme, and test again
2) If the problem still persists, please provide a database dump file (ZIP file) of your website in below private detail box, I need to test and debug it in my localhost, thanks

Thanks for the details, I don't think the custom codes you mentioned above are related with this issue: the first part of the custom codes if for a custom shortcode, the other part are for CRED form action hook cred_save_data, both of them work in the wordpress front-end, so should not take effect on admin side when you edit a post.

I am downloading the file, and trying to duplicate same problem, will feedback if there is anything found

woo1.JPG

I tried your database dump file in my localhost in a fresh wordpress installation + Woocommerce 3.2.4 + Types plugin version 2.2.20 + WordPress default theme 2017, Here are the steps I have tried, please correct me if there is anything missing:
1) I assume we are talking about the the custom post type "maestro-premium"
2) edit the post "Alain Tello Robledo" of post type "maestro-premium", ID 64571, and click button "Update", it works fine, I did not see similar problem as you mentioned above:
it will create two different post:
1) A post with username author whom has created it, but without product.
2) An strange post, empty of custom field values and with my administration author

See screenshot: woo1.JPG

3) Add the PHP codes you mentioned above:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/post-and-product-woocommerce-relationship-and-user-change/#post-590496

/**** Create custom shortcode [current_user_parent_post_select] ****/

Same result as above step 2) , so it should be other compatibility problem of your website, please make sure you have already tried as I mentioned above:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/post-and-product-woocommerce-relationship-and-user-change/#post-590064
1) deactivate other plugins and switch to wordpress default theme, and test again

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.