Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Password protected post in View

This support ticket is created 3 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 4.79 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by lotharK 3 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author
title-of-post-missing.png

Hi Nigel,

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I have the same problem that was discussed here: https://toolset.com/forums/topic/password-protected-post-in-view/.
I have a view, which should list the post titles of posts (CPTs). One of the Posts is password protected. Instead of showing the linked title anyways, it shows the login form.

Is there any documentation that you are following?
I followed the above thread to resolve the issue. Inside the loop i use "[wpv-post-link]", that's all. It still asks for the password.

Is there a similar example that we can see?
-

What is the link to your site?
hidden link, on the right side, under the headline "Aktuelles".
I would be happy to set up an account for you on the website if you want to have a look at it in the backend!

I look forward to hearing from you!
best regards
Lothar

Hello, I'll be glad to take a closer look if you provide login credentials in the private reply fields here.

Okay in this case I see the issue is related to the use of a template in the View loop. If I place the post title shortcode directly in the loop of the view instead of using a separate template, the post title is displayed as expected without the login form. I suggest you use this approach instead, and place the contents of the loop directly in the loop instead of using a separate loop template.
In other words, instead of this:

[wpv-layout-start]
	[wpv-items-found]
	<!-- wpv-loop-start -->
	<wpv-loop>
	[wpv-post-body view_template="loop-item-in-projekte-auflistung-startseite-aktuelles"]
	</wpv-loop>
	<!-- wpv-loop-end -->
	[/wpv-items-found]
	[wpv-no-items-found]
		<strong>[wpml-string context="wpv-views"]No items found[/wpml-string]</strong>
	[/wpv-no-items-found]
[wpv-layout-end]

Now the loop looks like this:

[wpv-layout-start]
	[wpv-items-found]
	<!-- wpv-loop-start -->
	<wpv-loop>
		[wpv-post-title]<br />
	</wpv-loop>
	<!-- wpv-loop-end -->
	[/wpv-items-found]
	[wpv-no-items-found]
		<strong>[wpml-string context="wpv-views"]No items found[/wpml-string]</strong>
	[/wpv-no-items-found]
[wpv-layout-end]

The wpv-post-body shortcode is used to display a Content Template in the loop, and that is unnecessary here. Just place the loop contents directly inside the loop, and the problem should be resolved. Let me know if you have concerns about that.

Your suggested solution works for me. I think it would still be great to be able to use a template at this point. Mainly because it is also not intuitively recognizable that a template should not be used here. Maybe this feature can be retrofitted at some point?
Either way, thank you very much for your very quick and competent help!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.