Skip Navigation

[Resolved] parent dropdown must only show parents created by the current user

This support ticket is created 6 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 6 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

Hi,

I have two cpt's from which one the the parent of the other.

In the child form (to add a new entry), there is dropdown for the parent but it shows all possible candiates and I only want the parents that were created by the current user.

Second question : is there a way to limit a number field to an integer from 0 to 70 ? In the cred ?

Thx

Bart

Dear Bart,

Q1) In the child form (to add a new entry), there is dropdown for the parent but it shows all possible candiates and I only want the parents that were created by the current user.

There isn't such a built-in feature within CRED form, but you can try to change it with CRED filter hook "wpml_cred_potential_parents_filter", for example, in your theme/functions.php, add below codes:

add_filter('wpml_cred_potential_parents_filter', 'my_func', 10, 4);

function my_func($parents, $wpml_name, $wpml_context, $args){
	$current_user_id = get_current_user_id();
	if($wpml_name == '_wpcf_belongs_parent-cpt_id' && $current_user_id){ // replace "parent-cpt" with  the parent post type slug
		$args['author'] = $current_user_id;
		$parents = get_posts($args);
	}
	return $parents;
}

please replace "parent-cpt" with the parent post type slug

Q2) is there a way to limit a number field to an integer from 0 to 70 ?

Same as above, there isn't such a built-in feature within CRED form, but you can try with filter hook "cred_form_validate", check if the value submitted by user, if the field value isn't an integer from 0 to 70, then return an error, see our document:
cred_form_validate
https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/cred-api/#cred_form_validate
DescriptionThis hook provides custom validation for form fields

Ok thx. This I can use off course.

But how can I limit the scope of this filter ? It now applies to all parents.

Can I limit it per form ?

Yes, it is possible, for example, you can modify the PHP codes as below:

add_filter('wpml_cred_potential_parents_filter', 'my_func', 10, 4);

function my_func($parents, $wpml_name, $wpml_context, $args){
	global $wp_query;
	$current_user_id = get_current_user_id();
	$cred_form_ids = array(123456);  // here setup the specific CRED form IDs
	$arr = explode('-', $wpml_context);
	$end = end($arr);
	if($wpml_name == '_wpcf_belongs_parent-cpt_id' && $current_user_id && in_array($end, $cred_form_ids)){
		$args['author'] = $current_user_id;
		$parents = get_posts($args);
	}
	return $parents;
}

Please replace 123456 as your specific CRED form IDs

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.