Skip Navigation

[Closed] Parametric search with search box and results separately displayed (2)

This support ticket is created 8 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 8 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

Hi Luoy,

I realize I closed my previous thread (with your support) too early, even this issue was almost solved.

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/parametric-search-with-search-box-and-results-separately-displayed/

In that thread I used your code and seems solved my issue, then I closed it. Now I found there are still some remaining issue.

Basically I placed the parametric search box on the front page. My goal is: if the tracking number field is empty, reject the search query.

I found that the JS code works great on front page. However, on the parametric search displaying page, if leave the field empty, the JS code does not work.

The search filter is displayed on both front page and the result page, why the JS code works on front page but not on result page?

Thank you for your help.

Dear Dejun,

Since it is a custom JS question, could you duplicate same problem in a test site, and fill below private detail box with login details, also point out the problem URL, I need to test and debug it in a live website. thanks

The topic ‘[Closed] Parametric search with search box and results separately displayed (2)’ is closed to new replies.