Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Pagination style for Image Slider inside a View Loop

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by steffenM 1 year, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author
1.png
2.png

Tell us what you are trying to do?
Hello

I try to build a preview card of locations with an image slider on top of it.
I created a custom post type with several image fields.
In the View Loop I select Image Slider and use a dynamic reference to the location image fields.
This works fine so for.
But I'm not able to change the Image Slider "pagination" style from arrows to dots.

I tried to create a separate view and style the Image Slider pagination to dots. But when I try to insert it in the View Loop, it just tells me that nested views are not supported.

Is there any documentation that you are following?
https://toolset.com/course-lesson/creating-sliders-with-dynamic-post-content/
and several other documentations on the toolset page.

Is there a similar example that we can see?
I attached 2 screenshots.
1.png what I was able to achieve so far and 2.png the output I want to generate.

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

It seems you are using the repeating image field to build your gallery. First of all I will require to review your current setup and how you are displaying the gallery you made.

Can you please share problem URL and admin access details. Once I will review the current setup, I will be able to guide in the right direction.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

Thank you for sharing admin access details and its working.

Can you please tell me where I can see the image sliders you added and on what page I can see it as I do not see it on home page.

Bildschirmfoto 2022-09-28 um 14.48.23.png

I added the image slider inside the view loop on the page "Locations".

Minesh
Supporter

ok, I see you are using the image slider block and image slider block do not offer the dot pagination.

Yes I know.
I tried to recreate the effect with a nested view. But this is also not working/supported.
So is there any solution from your side to this problem?

Minesh
Supporter

So, you will require to use some custom jQuery library. Here I tried to use the jQuery cycle2:
- hidden link

I've created the following classic view:
- hidden link

And please check how it shows on frontend:
- hidden link

This is to demonstrate you example, you can adjust the view's code as well as any CSS or JS code as per your requirement. Please note that this is custom code which is beyond the scope of our support policy but it was just to demonstrate you that Toolset is scalable and you can integrate any JS library with it.

Thank you very much!
This was exactly the hint I needed.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.