Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Pagination not working except in wordpress customizer

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 1 year, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

Hello,
The problem is on this page hidden link where I'm using a Toolset view to display articles with pagination.
Only when I open WordPress customizer, the paginaiton works correctly. Otherwise, the active colors do not change and the back arrow doesn't work.

This site is a production site and very heavy to replicate, so troubleshooting it was VERY tricky.

I confirm running the following tests without success:

1. WP, theme and all plugins are updated
2. I deactivated all the plugins except for Elementor and Toolset and the problem persisted
3. Every troubleshooting step I did, I made sure cache was flushed from cloudflare, the browser and WP Rocket
4. I changed the theme
5. I loaded the custom CSS inside an enqueued file with priority 1
6. I tried removing Jquery Migrate Help from the site

None of these steps worked.

I tried to look in Toolset settings for something related to jquery pagination, jquery versions, etc... but found nothing.

Any ideas?

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

To troubleshoot why the pagination is not working as expected, I'll need to see how this view is set up in the admin area.

Can you please share temporary admin login details, in reply to this message? I'll also need your permission to download the clone/snapshot of the website, in case it needs to be investigated on a different server ( so that the production website is not affected ).

Note: Your next reply will be private and making a complete backup copy is recommended before sharing the access details.

regards,
Waqar

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Thank you for sharing these details.

During troubleshooting, I noticed that two views used on the page ('View news articles list' and 'View news articles grid') are set to update the pagination results, using the AJAX.

With this option, the pagination control code ( screenshot: hidden link ) needs to be placed within the [wpv-layout-start]...[wpv-layout-end] tags in the "Loop Editor" section.

To fix this, you can move the pagination code in the "Loop Editor" section, just before the closing [wpv-layout-end] tag ( screenshot: hidden link ).

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.