Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Pagination not being updating with Ajax

This support ticket is created 5 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by patriceB-2 5 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author
tollset-views-support-ajax-pagination-not-refreshed.png

I installed Toolset Views, created an archive custom search view with "AJAX results update when visitors click on the search button".

When I set a new value in the search box, results are refreshed accordingly. But the pagination is not.

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Hi,

I did some tests but I couldn’t reproduce the issue you experienced.
Could you share your module with me so I can test it? In which section of the View did you add pagination and which shortcode did you use?

Please also check our documentation about pagination: https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/views-pagination/

toolset-views-support-search-archive-settings.png

Hi,

I'm working on a local environment, with an archive search view.
All plugins but Toolset Views are deactivated.

Here is a 10 seconds video of the issue:
hidden link

Attached is the view settings.

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

I still can't reproduce the issue. Could you send me the file model or a copy of your site?
I'll enable a private reply.

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

I tried to import your Views but the import failed.
If you agree, I’d like to create a sandbox test site where you can reproduce the issue so we can fix it.

Yes, please do so.

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

please use this link to gain access: hidden link

and let me know when you manage to reproduce the issue.

tollset-views-support-ajax-pagination-not-refreshed-on-sandbox.png

Thanks. It's done.

Issue visible on hidden link

Try to search for "post1". The navigation is not refreshed.

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

the ticket has been escalated. We'll give news as soon as possible.

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

from the developers' team they say that the pagination controls that are not being updated are not ours, but WordPress native pagination controls, which live outside of the WordPress Archive outcome.

Views cannot control the native WordPress Archives pagination controls. This is why we add our pagination controls, and why we have theme options for some themes to remove the native pagination controls from the archives.

So Views is not supposed to update the native pagination when a WordPress Archive uses AJAX. When we do not use AJAX it gets automatically affected because we do modify the main query that generates those controls. But when using AJAX we would not even know how to target and update those native pagination controls, at all.

We can not either just remove the native pagination controls. Each theme renders them differently, and we can not target all those different ways at once.

You can try the following:

- Include pagination controls from the WordPress Archives in the WordPress Archives
- Use CSS to hide the native pagination controls.

Let me know if this helps you or if you need further assistance.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.