Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Pagination issue with View 'Ads list – list'

This support ticket is created 7 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Beda 7 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author
settings in ads list - list.jpg

I am trying to: have pagination page number highlight correctly after making a change to settings in the 'Ads list - list' view.

I visited this URL: hidden link

I expected to see: page number in red page box change appropriately when going to next page.

Instead, I got: same page number in red page box

I want the settings shown in image attached, but when I made the changes, the pagination doesn't work as it should.

My actual site is based on Classified Layout, but I'm using the discover-wp page to illustrate the issue, as I'm not ready to reveal my site to the public.

Thank you,
Rich

It seems to me all you changed is the actual amount of posts per page (slider/pagination)

That worked fine on my end when I tried it.

Are you sure you use this pagination Code in your Filter Editor:

[wpv-filter-start hide="false"]
[wpv-filter-controls]
	[wpv-pagination]
<div class="pagination">
[wpv-pager-nav-links]
  [wpv-pager-prev-page]
  	[wpml-string context="wpv-views"]Previous[/wpml-string]
  [/wpv-pager-prev-page]
  [wpv-pager-next-page]
  	[wpml-string context="wpv-views"]Next[/wpml-string]
  [/wpv-pager-next-page]
</div>
[/wpv-pagination]
[/wpv-filter-controls]
[wpv-filter-end]
2016-07-14_173001.jpg

We are getting different results. What I stated originally is still apparent to me when I view the site.

Attached is an image of the 3rd page of view Ads-list - list, which shows what I see.

The pagination at the bottom still shows the first page is highlighted in red. Also, the link for page 1 does nothing, the link for page 2 goes to page2, the link to page 3 (which I'm on) does nothing even though there is an indicator (pointed finger) on the link. see hidden link

Note: in my discover-wp.com site, the non-layout classified site works correctly, as I made no changes to the original setup there. see hidden link

Eventually, after I get past this hurdle, I want to get the listing to change when a category or any other filter value changes without clicking search. I found a way to do it, but then noticed the pagination was wrong, and started making changes that got me where I am now.

Thank you for looking into this again.

Regards,
Rich

oops, I reversed the links to my test pages in discover-wp.com

As I said it worked fine, and I pasted the Code to use.

Do you use that same Code?

If so, and it still does not work, please provide me access to your System and allow me to make some tests.

Please make sure to add a detailed description of where and how I can see and edit the Views in question.

Thank you for understanding.

The Code you posted and I posted are identical.

The only difference is that you have the below to lines included, which can NOT be added to a Filter HTML editor:

[wpv-filter-meta-html]
[wpv-layout-meta-html]

Those have to be in the "Filter and Loop Output Integration Editor".
In that Editor, no pagination code can be present.

Instead, the pagination Code has to be present in the Filter Editor, just as it is by default.

Just as you did it here:
hidden link

But here, you added it to the wrong part:
hidden link

The Slider works great, when I choose page 2 in the pagination I do get page 2 and also the link is now red highlighted.

When I change the parametric Search as you show me, then I see 11 items, correctly paginated.

But the AJAX Search is not working unless you hit the Search Button.
And that is most certainly this BUG:
https://toolset.com/errata/views-ajax-pagination-fails-form-results-rendered-separatedly/

We supporters do not have access to your Test Sites there.
I can not apply the patch, neither I can provide you FTP to those servers.

The most expedited solution is to export that site locally (fresh) and then apply the patch

ah ha...
You keep saying the code goes in the filter editor, which was confusing to me, as it appears by default in the Filter and Loop Output Integration Editor in the view 'Ads list-list'. I was looking at code, not the title of the editor... sorry about that.

I finally understood the difference, and placed it in the filter editor and it works, and now the pagination displays on top and bottom of the view, which I like, so that's good.

fyi:
The default position for pagination code in the view 'Ads list - list' is in the Filter and Loop Output Integration Editor. That's where it goes when the classified site is generated. Since that's where the code is, I kept replacing the default code with your code - which would not work.

Also,
The 2 links* you just provided were not changed by me. whether they are right or wrong, I had nothing to do with them. I generated the demo site just for you and was only concerned with view 'Ads list - list'

If you have a patch, I would like to put it in my website on my server.

Thanks,
Rich

*Instead, the pagination Code has to be present in the Filter Editor, just as it is by default.

Just as you did it here:
hidden link

But here, you added it to the wrong part:
hidden link

This is strange.
In that editor, pagination is not even available from the GUI, and definitely, will not work.

I confirmed the issue with a fresh install and reported it.

The patch that can help eventually for the named issue is available on the Errata I linked to.
https://toolset.com/errata/views-ajax-pagination-fails-form-results-rendered-separatedly/

There are several open bugs with patches that will interest you:
https://toolset.com/known-issues/?wpv-pr-child-of-download%5B%5D=308&wpv_post_search&errata-status%5B%5D=1&wpv_aux_current_post_id=399043&wpv_sort_orderby=post_date&wpv_sort_order=desc&wpv_view_count=401205-TCPID399043

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.