Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Pagination is acting weirdly. I've tried all possibilities

This support ticket is created 7 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 7 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

I am trying to change the view of my category archive page.

To make it simple, i am merely trying to list the post titles of the latest 2 posts and a pagination below it.

I am able to successfully display the 2 latest post titles and the pagination with no problems.

Something weird happens when i switch between "Pagination updates the entire page" and "Pagination updates only the view (use AJAX)".

When i enable "Pagination updates the entire page"...
Upon clicking on "next", the page oddly links me to the first single blog post in the category
And the URL is "/this-is-the-latest-travel-post/?wpv_view_count=2438-TCPID2422&wpv_aux_current_post_id=2422&wpv_paged=2"

When i enable "Pagination updates only the view (use AJAX)"...
Upon clicking on "next", the page just shows "No items found"
But I noticed that the URL in my address bar changes to "/?wpv_sort_orderby=post_date&wpv_sort_order=desc&wpv_aux_current_post_id=2422&wpv_view_count=2438-TCPID2422&wpv_paged=2"
If I then refresh my page with that URL, then the "no items found" message disappears and the correct following 2 post titles are displayed

I cant seem to figure out what the issue is.

I would greatly appreciate any help I can get.

Thank you so much in advance 🙂

I have also tried disabling all plugins except Toolset, and the issue hasnt changed.

I would be happy to give admin access to support to solve the issue faster.

p.s. my wordpress and all toolset plugins are updated to the latest versions

Dear Mark,

The normal view does not work as expected in the wordpress archive page, especially the AJAX Pagination and AJAX filters.
So we introduced the wordpress archive:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/normal-vs-archive-views/

So I suggest you do not use normal view with AJAX feature in the category archive page.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.