Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Pages don't show for logged-out users.

This support ticket is created 2 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 2 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

Refer this ticket to Waqar.

hidden link
hidden link

Both pages above don't show for logged out users. However we didn't apply any access restrictions for them.

What is the issue here?

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

I tried to view the pages that you've shared, but neither the front-end nor the admin area of the website is loading.

Loading of all the pages just fails with timeout and it looks like the server is going through some maintenance activity.

Can you get in touch with your hosting support team to resolve this and let me know once the website is back online?

regards,
Waqar

Both are back online.

Waqar,

Didn't hear back from you?

Can you fix this issue today asap?

Thanks.

Waqar
Supporter

Thanks for the update and sorry about the delay in getting back on this.

During troubleshooting, I noticed that although guests (non-logged-in users) do have access to both these pages, the forms on the pages are showing "not authorized message".

Please go to WP Admin -> Toolset -> Access Control -> Toolset Forms and you'll see all the post forms under the "Post Forms Frontend Access" heading.

To allow the guests (non-logged-in users) to use these forms "Vakexpert toevoegen" and "Project toevoegen", make sure that the checkbox for the "Guest" role is checked, in their column.
( example screenshot: hidden link )

We've selected both forms for guests in the "Post Forms Frontend Access" section. However we still don't have access rights for both pages being logged-out. We've cleared the cache.

Did what you've described, however the "not authorized message" is still showing for both pages. Cleared the cache first.

Waqar
Supporter

Thanks for writing back, this does seem to be related to cache.

I do see the forms as guests, if I visit the same pages with some extra URL parameter e.g. "?no-cache=true".
hidden link
hidden link

The extra URL parameter makes the system think that this is a new page and it serves the newly generated copy of the page and not the cached version.

Please make sure to clear cache from all levels like server, CDN, plugins, and browser.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.