Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Page stops loading when using view woocommerce content template

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
I have a problem that the product description is being repeated too many times if I do the following:
- In Toolset > WooCommerce Views .
- Selected "WooCommerce Views plugin default single product template"
- Created a content template and set it for the products
- Used this shortcode: [wpv-woo-display-tabs disable_reviews_tab="yes"] to display the product reviews.

The problem happens when the product description is empty!!

Solution:
This was an issue with WooCommerce Views before version 2.6.2.
So, Updating WooCommerce Views to the latest version should solve this issue.

This support ticket is created 8 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 10:00 - - - - -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+02:00)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Ian 7 years, 12 months ago.

Assisted by: Mohammed.

Author

Ian

I am trying to: Use a woocommerce views content template. When I use this template the site hangs when trying to visit the single product page. This occurs for all products apart from one (rosemary).

To duplicate the problem, go to hidden link, then click on "order online" in the menu. If you click on "add basket" for rosemary the page will load quickly. In my case, if I click on and other product the site hangs.

I get the same problem if I try to edit and update a single product.

I've switched off all other plugins and this has no effect.

If I revert to the original woocommerce single product template the fault doesn't occur.

I'm happy to supply you with a login if it will help

Thanks
Ian

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Ian

If you have already tried changing the Toolset > WooCommerce Views setting to use the default WooCommerce template for single products then I think it would be best if I took a look at your site.

Your site is live. Do you have the site available on a test server where I could potentially make changes? If so, please provide credentials for your test server, and take a backup if you want to be able to restore it to its current state.

If you are working directly in your live site, could you create a duplicate of your site and upload it to a public site (Dropbox, Google Drive etc.) where you can share it with me?

We normally recommend using Duplicator (https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/) which will generate two packages (Installer and Archive) and you will need to share both of them. If you have problems with Duplicator, I can recommend All-in-One WP Migration (https://wordpress.org/plugins/all-in-one-wp-migration/) as an alternative.

I will then create a local version of your site that I can examine more closely, and if I need to escalate the ticket I will be able to share the same snapshot with our team.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Ian

I made a duplicate for testing locally.

I switched to the WooCommerce default Storefront theme and disabled all non-essential plugins. I was able to replicate the problem whereby it is possible to view the single product pages of out-of-stock products and, bizarrely, rosemary, but the site appears to hang when viewing any other in-stock herbs. (Actually, I left the page open long enough for it to return nested product templates—it somehow seems to have got stuck in a near endless loop.)

I can't see any difference between rosemary and the other products, so I'm escalating this for our developers to take a look at, and someone will get back to you on this thread when we have more info.

In the meantime, all I can suggest is that you use the default WooCommerce single product template for the time being.

Thanks for your patience.

Hi Lan,

This is Mohammed from Toolset second tier support team.

I've worked on the issue and forwarded the required information to the development team and they worked on it.

I can confirm that the issue is resolved in the next WooCommerce views version which may be launched the next week.

So, please keep following this thread and I will notify you once we launch the next release.

Thanks.

Ian

Hi

Thanks for your help.

Can you tell me what the issue is please, as I will need to rebuild without the issue for now as the client will not be prepared to wait until next week for a solution.

Thanks
Ian

Hi Lan,

I'm sorry, it's my fault.

It was a side effect of fixing another bug with the tabs and reviews shortcodes [wpv-woo-display-tabs disable_reviews_tab="yes"]
And it was fixed by adding the attribute "disable_reviews_tab" .

When the value for this attribute is "yes", the problem happens.
So, you can try to change the value to "no" and test the issue.

BTW, we are going to launch the next release very soon.
At most, the next Monday.

I will notify you once we launch it.

Thanks.

Ian

Thanks Mohammed

I tried that and it didn't have any effect.

I'll wait for the next release and try it then.

If you could let me know as soon as it's ready, that would be great.

Ian

Hi Lan,

WooCommerce Views 2.6.2 is release.
Could you please update it and test the issue?

Waiting for your feedback.

Thanks.

Ian

Hi Mohammed

That's fixed it. Thanks.

My client will be relieved that I can now finish the site.

Thanks again for all your help and I hope it's helped to spot the bug.

Ian

Ian

Sorry forgot to rate the help... very pleased, couldn't be better.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.