Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Page hung on setting up custom taxonomy. Now there's 2 but one can't be deleted.

This support ticket is created 7 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Annie 7 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

I am trying to: Remove a duplicate taxonomy that didn't get fully created.

I visited this URL: hidden link

I expected to see: Two "Link Category" taxonomies (two appear on the Edit page for adding a Link)

Instead, I got: Just one shows up. So there's two on the page to add/edit a "Link" and only one on the page Toolset > Taxonomies page.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Annie

You could try a couple of things which are to deactivate your taxonomy and also the associated custom post type and then re-activate them.

That's kind of wishful thinking that it will fix it but it won't hurt to try.

Then, could you export your Types data (Toolset > Export / Import > Types) which will download a zip file.

Could you share that with me at some public url (e.g. dropbox, google drive or similar) so that I can examine it and import it for testing if necessary?

I'll mark your next reply as private for you to share the url (you don't need to supply the access credentials).

Good news! The deactivate / re-activate seems to have worked. Thanks 🙂

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.