Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Page Attributes "Template" Not saving if not using a Layout

This support ticket is created 5 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 23 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Christian Cox 2 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

I am trying to: Create a new page using Gutenberg. I do not want to use a Layout from Toolset, but instead use one of the built in templates in my theme which are normally set under Page Attributes > Template. However, with the Toolset Layouts plugin activated, my Page Attributes > Template field is not saving. I have the Content Template set to

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: N/A

I expected to see: My template dropdown save after I click "Update" when editing the page.

Instead, I got: it not to save

Please provide login credentials in the private reply fields here so I can see what's going on in wp-admin. If the site isn't live, you can use the Duplicator plugin to create a site clone (exclude the wp-uploads folder please). Then upload that clone and post a link where I can download the files.

To provide you access to our dev site, we will need the IP address(es) you will be access it from so we can whitelist you.

Just checking on the status of this. We will need the IP address(es) you will be visiting our site from to be able to provide you access. - PLEASE DISREGARD, your last message just showed up.... will review and reply shortly.

Unfortunately, I do not see a way to post a private reply. Please advise.

Any update? I need to provide my login details, but do not see anyway to submit a private reply on this forum at the moment.

Hi, I have reactivated private reply fields here.

Okay I just edited this post in wp-admin:
hidden link
I modified the selection in Page Attributes > Template and saved it, then repeated the process with Layouts active. Both times, the change was saved as expected. I must not understand the problem completely, can you help?

Please try post id 15505 (/wp-admin/post.php?post=15505&action=edit) and try to change the Page Attributes > Template. Note that the Layouts is set to "Don't use a layout" since we want to use the built in theme templates. In my example, I want to use the template "Full Width No Container".

Okay thanks, I'm able to see the issue now. I'd like to create a clone of your site using the Duplicator plugin so I can run some additional tests locally. Let me know if you approve and I will get started.

Yes, please proceed.

Okay I can't upload the Duplicator plugin without FTP info and the All-in-One WP Migration plugin won't make an export for me. It looks like it doesn't have write permissions. How would you like to proceed?

Can you please enable the ability to do a private reply again so I can send you details on how to get a backup?

Sure, private reply fields are enabled here.

The new IP has been whitelisted. Please try again.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.