Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Order of custom taxonomies in admin dashboard menu

This support ticket is created 3 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by edF-5 3 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author
taxonomy-order-alphabetical.png
taxonomy-order.png

Hi there,

In the left column of the admin dashboard, when I mouse over a custom post with several custom taxonomies, the order of the taxonomies is not alphabetical and appears to be random. Is there any way to control the order of the taxonomies?

Please see the attached screenshot taxonomy-order.png. What I'd love to see is taxonomy-order-alphabetical.png.

Thanks!

Saul

Hello, there is no such option built-in to Types, but you can achieve something similar with a bit of custom code. Another ticket here in the forum discusses the approach to sorting custom taxonomies using an array of taxonomy slugs: https://toolset.com/forums/topic/custom-taxonomies-admin-menu-order/

You can adjust the slugs in the array to set your own custom sort order. This custom code should be saved in your child theme's functions.php file, or in a new custom code snippet in Toolset > Settings > Custom Code.

Let me know if you have questions about that.

This was exactly what I was looking for. With that snippet from the other forum post, all of the taxonomies are in clear alphabetical order.

Thank you, Christian!

Saul

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.