Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Option to select post relationship in custom search filter disappears

This support ticket is created 2 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Alok Sharma 2 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

Hi,

I have created devsigners, themes & plugins CPT's and created a many-to-many relationship between devsigners & themes and devsigners & plugins.

On the devsigners archive page, I would like to provide filters to find a devsigner using a set of themes & plugins.

In the "Post relationship or repeatable field groups owner" dropdowns, I am able to select "Themes (in Devsigners Themes connections)". But when I proceed to the next dropdown to select "Plugins (in Devsigners Plugins connections)", the option disappears.

I am unable to figure out why this is happening.

Hello,

Within Views UI, you can only setup only one post type relationship filters, you might consider to setup the second post type relationship with custom codes, see our document:
https://toolset.com/documentation/customizing-sites-using-php/post-relationships-api/how-to-migrate-your-site-to-new-post-relationships/#advanced-example
section "Advanced example"

You can also add a feature request, our developers will evaluate it:
https://toolset.com/home/contact-us/suggest-a-new-feature-for-toolset/

Hi Luo,

I looked at the example, but it went completely off my head. I can't understand anything out of it.

At this moment, I don't want to get into additional programming because then I will have to do it for all the five CPT's and then over the time, it will become a headache if anything breaks.

I have anyway added the issue in feature request.

Thanks for adding the feature request, our developers will evaluate it.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.