Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Open/Close Popup on Focus

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
With Toolset Google map, click the "Focus" link, automatically open the popup window for the focused marker.
Solution:
You can try this, edit the focus link, add a CSS class .js-toolset-maps-open-infowindow-map-[map-ID]-marker-[maker-ID], for example:
Your map ID is "map-1", and the maker ID is "marker-[wpv-post-id]", the setup the focus link as below:

<a href="#" class="js-wpv-addon-maps-focus-map js-toolset-maps-open-infowindow-map-map-1-marker-marker-[wpv-post-id]" data-map="map-1" data-marker="marker-[wpv-post-id]">locate [wpv-post-title]</a>

Relevant Documentation:

This support ticket is created 7 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Monetizer 7 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

I am using dynamic positioning and it works just fine. (Thank you for the solution on one of the threads)

The only issue is, I want the popup of the map to be shown when I click on focus on the marker link.

Secondly, I want the previous popup to be closed once I focus on another marker.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Can you elaborate how things should Work?

A marker pop up is triggered by click on the marker.

This is the supported way and other events woudl require Custom Code.

Can you elaborate what you mean by "I want the popup of the map to be shown when I click on focus on the marker link."?

Hi Beda,

Sorry for the vague description.

I applied the code from the following topic to focus on the market when a link on the page is clicked:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/dynamic-map-positionning-with-google-map/

Here is the video:
hidden link

Now the issue is, I want the marker pop-up to trigger when that particular marker is focused (based on the guide and video above).

Look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks

Dear Monetizer,

You can try this, edit the focus link, add a CSS class .js-toolset-maps-open-infowindow-map-[map-ID]-marker-[maker-ID], for example:
Your map ID is "map-1", and the maker ID is "marker-[wpv-post-id]", the setup the focus link as below:

<a href="#" class="js-wpv-addon-maps-focus-map js-toolset-maps-open-infowindow-map-map-1-marker-marker-[wpv-post-id]" data-map="map-1" data-marker="marker-[wpv-post-id]">locate [wpv-post-title]</a>

And test again.

Works like a charm, thank you so much 🙂

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.