Skip Navigation

[Resolved] number of post forms in the backend list

This support ticket is created 2 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by simonM-5 2 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author

Just noticed that under Toolset > Post Forms > Screen options, changing and saving the number of items to be shown per page is not respected. It always defaults back to 10 and shows only 10 items per page.

I haven't tested it for User Forms since I only have 3, but it might be worth checking out.

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello and my apologies for the late reply, but I do not work on Wednesdays and Thursdays and I could not work on this on Friday.

Today, I was able to build a copy of the website, and I was not able to reproduce the issue. As you can see on this screenshot, I was able to display more than 10 post forms on the same page hidden link

The only difference between my copy and the live site, as I can detect, is WP Rocket. I had to deactivate it to be able to work on the copy.

So, I activated WP Rocket, and I reloaded the list of post forms. I was still able to see all the posts on the same page. So, I changed to pagination to 11, but it displayed 10 forms. I changed the pagination again, but it still displays 10 forms per page, and the pagination number remains at 10.

So, I installed WP Rocket on my test site, and the issue is not reproducible. So, I suspect, there is another component that contributes to this issue. Let me investigate this a little bit and get back to you.

HI Jamal

I wouldn't want you to spend valuable hours working on this to be honest. I have a few other tickets coming up soon where your time would be a lot more valuably spent. 😜 It's a minor annoyance for me. The pagination works fine in other Toolset screens like Views and Content Templates where we have many items, however, having said that, I notice there is no Screen Option there to control the number of items! 😉 We only have 12 or 13 post forms anyway.
I thought it was affecting all users, and that it might've been something easy to fix, but I wouldn't spend too much time investigating it. I'll leave it up to you to decide if it's worth your while finding the reason. Thanks for your efforts so far.

Cheers
Simon

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Thank you Simon for this feedback. I would agree that this is a minor issue, and I am sure that even if I worked on it and find out the real issue behind it, the developers won't fix it very soon as they have more "important" bugs and feature requests to address. So, I'll agree on leaving it too 🙂

I just want to add that all the Toolset team will do their best to help you with any issue or question.

See you soon. Cheers.
Jamal

Yes, Jamal, I appreciate all the help I get on every ticket from Toolset support. You guys are awesome! 🙂

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.