Skip Navigation

[Resolved] nothing ever works completely

This support ticket is created 5 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 5 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

I am trying to: get toolset and divi to do ANYTHING that ends up working.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

I expected to see: thing layout like you'd expect.

Instead, I got: nothing but a hobbled together layout that is never finished and breaks when switching to mobile.

Team,
Really. I've been trying to build a simple cpt and an archive page for about 30 days. At every turn something doesn't work.

I'm not a developer and I've been hacking away at the css to try and get the archive page to layout something close to normal. So today I thought I was real close. the only thing missing is the page background image and color set in the customizer won't display. It's on the page but there's this...

#main-content {
    background-color: #fff;
}

...keeps overriding.

But whatever, forget that. then I looked at the page on my phone and there's no @media break so the page shrinks like it's 1999.

So here's my question.

Does toolset work with divi? If yes, can you prove it to me?

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Carmine,

Thank you for contacting us and I'll be happy to assist.

I've checked the view on the page ( hidden link ) and it is using a regular table HTML structure, to show the results in the 3 columns.

If your goal is to make them show vertically stacked on top of each other on smaller screens, you'll need to add custom CSS code, as suggested in this reply:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/list-posts-with-custom-search-s/#post-1138017

To better understand why Toolset users with Divi builder need to work with custom CSS code more than others, here is a brief explanation of the relationship between, Toolset, Bootstrap, and Divi.

a). By default, the Toolset plugins make use of Bootstrap styles, to show content in grids (responsive rows and columns).

b). Unfortunately, the Divi theme/plugin includes its own styles for grid content, which are known to result in a conflict with the Bootstrap styles.

For this reason and as an exception, we suggest Divi users, to make use of its built-in styles and disable the Bootstrap styles.

You'll find the detailed information around how Toolset and Divi builder can be used together at:
https://toolset.com/documentation/recommended-themes/toolset-divi-integration/

I hope this helps and please let me know if you need any further assistance around this.

regards,
Waqar

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.