Skip Navigation

[Closed] Not receiving email for reset password

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 11 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

I have followed this link for the reset password function
https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/views/views-shortcodes/#wpv-forgot-password-form

1. Im not receiving any email, additionally, I cant see any email log (I've installed the WP mail logging and I have configured the SMTP email sending)
2. The error its an invalid Key, it says: the reset password link is not valid.

In my forgot password page I have this:
[wpv-forgot-password-form reset_password_url='hidden link;

On my reset password I have this:
[wpv-reset-password-form redirect_url="hidden link"]

What is it that Im doing wrong?

Thanks

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

I've tested these shortcodes on my test website and they worked as expected.

Can you please share temporary admin login details, so that I can see how these pages are set up in the admin area?

Note: Your next reply will be private and making a complete backup copy is recommended before sharing the access details.

regards,
Waqar

Waqar
Supporter

Thank you for sharing the access details.

When I try to log in to the admin area, I get the message that this user is not registered on the website.

Can you please check the username and password again?
( I'm setting your next reply as private )

Waqar
Supporter

Thank you for sharing the access details.

I've been running some tests on your website and can see the issue with the lost password form. But I couldn't reproduce this on my test websites.

This suggests that something specific to your website is involved. To troubleshoot this, I'll suggest the following steps:

1. Please make sure that WordPress, active theme, and plugins are all updated to the latest versions.

2. It would be interesting to test this with all non-Toolset plugins disabled and a default theme like Twenty Twenty-One.

If it's fixed, you can start adding the disabled items, one by one, to narrow down to a possible conflicting one.

3. In case the issue still persists, I'll need your permission to download a clone/snapshot of your website, to investigate this on a different server.

I hope this helps and please let me know how it goes.

The topic ‘[Closed] Not receiving email for reset password’ is closed to new replies.