Skip Navigation

[Fixed in next Release] Not able to create form after creating new customer post type

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 8 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Christopher Amirian.

Author
2023-06-24 16_24_45-Toolset Dashboard ‹ apphub.net — WordPress and 5 more pages - Personal - Microso.png
2023-06-24 16_20_03-500 Internal Server Error and 5 more pages - Personal - Microsoft​ Edge.png

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I created a new custom post type called Testimonials. I also create a few fields for the custom form type. Once I click on forms, I get an internal server error. Please see the screenshot.
Is there any documentation that you are following?

Christopher Amirian
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Hi there,

Would you please follow the steps below?

Increase PHP Memory Limit

The minimum requirement is 128M but I suggest that you increase it to 512M.

You can add this by adding the code below to "wp-config.php" file of your WordPress installation root folder:

/** Memory Limit */
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M');
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

Please add the code above the line below:

/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

Enable WordPress Debug Messaging

Would you please access your website files and edit the "wp-config.php" file on the root folder of your WordPress installation and add the code below into the file:

define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );
define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );
define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', true );

Please add the code above the line below:

/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

This must cause to show the actual PHP error that ios happening instead of the Internal Server Error. Share with us the error so we know more about the issue.

Check for a possible theme/plugin conflict

- IMPORTANT STEP! Create a backup of your website. Or better approach will be to test this on a copy/staging version of the website to avoid any disruption of a live website.
- Switch to the default theme such as "TwentyTwenty" by going to "WordPress Dashboard > Appearance > themes".
- Go to "WordPress Dashboard > Plugins" and deactivate all plugins except Toolset and its add-ons.
- Check if you can still recreate the issue.
- If not, re-activate your plugins one by one and check the issue each time to find out the plugin that causes the problem.

Login info

Kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above, and if the issue is still happening, I'd appreciate it if you could give me the URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard after you make sure that you have a backup of your website.
It is absolutely important that you give us a guarantee that you have a backup so if something happens you will have a point of restore.

Make sure you set the next reply as private.

Christopher Amirian
Supporter

Hi there,

Thank you. I checked and the same thing happens on my installation.

For now, you can use this method to add the form with the same effect:

- Go to WordPress Dashboard > Toolset > Post Forms.
- Click the "Add New" button at the top of the page.
- You will be presented with a setup wizard where you can select which post type you want to create the form for.

I reported this to the second-tier support and will inform you as soon as I have an update.

Thanks.

Christopher Amirian
Supporter

Hi there,

We published an errata for that:

https://toolset.com/errata/error-when-creating-forms-or-views-from-dashboard/

The issue will be fixed in the upcoming release.

Thanks.

Thank you 🙂

Christopher Amirian
Supporter

You're welcome 🙂

Minesh
Supporter

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

I would like to inform you that the fix for this issue is shipped with the Toolset Types version 3.4.20. Can you please update ALL Toolset plugins to it's latest released version.

You can download the latest Toolset plugins from your account's Download page:
- https://toolset.com/account/downloads/