Skip Navigation

[Resolved] No Pagination or Sorting on WordPress Archives

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
1) First, there's no pagination on any of the WordPress archives pages on the Toolset Layouts / Genesis version.
2) Another issue I've noticed is that there are no sorting options available on the Toolset Layouts / Genesis installation but there is on the PageLines installation.
Solution:
A1)
If it is "WordPress Archive cell", where do you put the pagination shortcodes into?
I just tested it in my localhost, and put the pagination shortcodes into the section "Loop Output Editor"
A2)
Same as above, I can not duplicate same problem with a fresh wordpress installation + Toolset Layouts / Genesis installation
I suggest you check these:
1) Make sure you are using the latest Toolset plugins + Genesis orginal theme
2) Deactivate other plugin and test again
Relevant Documentation:

This support ticket is created 7 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by dbarber 7 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

I recently transitioned a client's site over from PageLines to Toolset Layouts / Genesis on a staging server and am getting ready to push it to the production server but I've run into some problems>

First, there's no pagination on any of the WordPress archives pages on the Toolset Layouts / Genesis version (which was created after copying the live Pagelines site to the staging area).

There is on the Pagelines version (on production server).

Both installations show the same message in Toolset > WordPress Archives:

To enable pagination for this WordPress Archive you need to add a [wpv-filter-meta-html] shortcode to the Filter and Loop Output Integration Editor

While the staging site does not output pagination the production site does (again, both show the same message).

I did as instructed on the staging site, but pagination still does not show up.

Here's an example archive on the production server (still on PageLines):

hidden link

Here's an example archive on the staging server (on Toolset Layouts / Genesis)

hidden link

Another issue I've noticed is that there are no sorting options available on the Toolset Layouts / Genesis installation but there is on the PageLines installation.

636.JPG
635.JPG
634.JPG

Dear dbarber,

Q) First, there's no pagination on any of the WordPress archives pages on the Toolset Layouts / Genesis version.

Are we talking about the "WordPress Archive cell"?
If it is, where do you put the pagination shortcodes into?
I just tested it in my localhost, and put the pagination shortcodes into the section "Loop Output Editor", see screenshot 634.JPG, and it works fine in front-end, see screenshot 635.JPG

Q2) Another issue I've noticed is that there are no sorting options available on the Toolset Layouts / Genesis installation but there is on the PageLines installation.
Same as above, I can not duplicate same problem with a fresh wordpress installation + Toolset Layouts / Genesis installation, see screenshot 636.JPG
i suggest you check these:
1) Make sure you are using the latest Toolset plugins + Genesis orginal theme
2) Deactivate other plugin and test again

Sorry for this one.

I had added the shortcode for the pagination inside the loop.

When I saw your screeshot, I moved it just outside the loop and the pagination appeared.

Still working on the sorting issue (haven't had time to go through the options to diagnose yet) but I'll close this ticket because I suspect I may be able to sort it out.

Thanks for your help, Luo.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.