Skip Navigation

[Resolved] No output

This support ticket is created 5 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Beda 5 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author

Not getting output from the following.

My Form

[credform]
	[cred_field field='form_messages' class='alert alert-warning']
	<div class="form-group ">
		<label>Rating</label>
		[cred_field scaffold_field_id='overall-rating' field='overall-rating' force_type='field' class='form-control' output='bootstrap' label='Rating']
	</div>
		<label>Review Title</label>
		[cred_field scaffold_field_id='post_title' field='post_title' class='form-control' output='bootstrap' label='Review Title']
	</div>
		<label>Your Review</label>
		[cred_field scaffold_field_id='review-content' field='review-content' force_type='field' class='form-control' output='bootstrap' label='Your Review']
	</div>
[cred_field field='form_submit' output='bootstrap' value='Submit' class='et_pb_button']
[/credform]

My view

[wpv-layout-start]
	[wpv-items-found]
	<!-- wpv-loop-start -->
	<wpv-loop>
		[wpv-post-body view_template="loop-item-in-listing-review-2"]
	</wpv-loop>
	<!-- wpv-loop-end -->
	[/wpv-items-found]
	[wpv-no-items-found]
		<strong>[wpml-string context="wpv-views"]No items found[/wpml-string]</strong>
	[/wpv-no-items-found]
[wpv-layout-end]

My Content Template

{!{types field='overall-rating'}!}{!{/types}!} on {!{wpv-post-date}!} by {!{wpv-user field="nickname"}!}{!{wpv-post-title}!}{!{types field='review-content'}!}{!{/types}!}

Please elaborate on what you are trying to achieve.

All I can see is that you have a Form with 3 fields in it.
When you submit that form, something will be saved somewhere.

The View is displaying a Content template and in that, you seem to have added fields with some page builder like DIVI or maybe Visual Composer or Elementor.
That is why the {!{shortcode}!} syntax is used.
But again I am not sure what is broken or does not work, and where this happens, and what is expected.

This information is required so I can help you to solve the eventual problem or instruct how to proceed.

It will then be possible to help you better with this.

I am trying to use the form to create a post and output it on a page. I know, simple.

But not getting the expected result. I figured it was something to do with the syntax above.

Yes page builder is Divi. Bootstrap is turned off.

Toolset Forms and Views syntax are irrelated.

You can make this test to know where the issue is:

1. Publish a Post without Toolset Forms (use the WordPress backend)
==> Does the Post show in your View?
2. Create a Post with Toolset Forms and display it in a native loop (maybe the Theme's blog archive or similar)
==> Does the Post show?

Depending on the answer we will know where the issue is within.
I can suspect a Toolset Form to abort or submit posts wrongly (resulting in no post filed in the backend at all, or a post filed, but maybe not published), or, the View failing to display those posts (due to it's published state, or due to syntax, but then you would not see any post, not even WordPress backend posts.)

Can you make these tests and let me know where and when you actually do see posts?
That will show what the others are not showing up.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.