Skip Navigation

[Resolved] NextGen

This support ticket is created 7 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 7 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

I am trying to: to display a different NextGen gallery on each post type "apartments." I am using the WP editor (I checked to include this on this post type), uploading the images specific to the apartment.

Instead, I got: The formatting is off. I can't get the main/large image to display correctly. It is too small and does not fit the screen width.

If I use layouts to add the gallery I do not know how I identify the gallery to display for which apartment,

Here is an URL that displays a NextGen gallery > bestsiteever.staging (dot) wpengine.com/apartment/chicagos-modern-luxury-4/

Dear Randi,

Q1) The formatting is off. I can't get the main/large image to display correctly. It is too small and does not fit the screen width.
I suggest you contact the author of NextGen plugin for this:
How to display the image size as what you want, I searched it in google, find this thread:
https://wordpress.org/support/topic/how-can-i-change-the-thumbnail-size-when-displaying-albums#post-4601018
Hope it help

Q2) If I use layouts to add the gallery I do not know how I identify the gallery to display for which apartment,
The NextGen plugin is using custom tables "wp_ngg_pictures", "wp_ngg_gallery" and "wp_ngg_album" to store the image, gallery and album information, which is out the range of WordPress and Toolset range, so it is not possible within Toolset. you can check it with mysql tools, for example "PHPmyadmin", for example you setup a new NextGen in post ID 123, then in database table "wp_ngg_gallery", there should be a item with column extras_post_id value "123"

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.