Skip Navigation

[Resolved] New version of Toolset Layers breaks Divi.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: Header does not appear, grid and alignment seem off, image widths are not respected, and searches are not returning all expected results.

Solution: Ensure "The theme or another plugin is already loading Bootstrap 3.0" is selected in Boostrap Layouts settings, ensure "select" search filters include a "blank" or not selected option to return all results.

Relevant Documentation: https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/toolset-divi-integration/ https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/front-page-filters/

This support ticket is created 7 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 1.05 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Gregory Crafts 7 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author
Problem3-WeirdMenu copy.jpg
Problem4-IncorrectSearchPage copy.jpg
Problem2-WeirdMargin copy.jpg
Problem1-NoHeader copy.jpg

Problem #1
I am trying to: build a website using Toolset and Divi

I visited this URL: hidden link

I expected to see: A functioning Divi header row with logo and menu.

Instead, I got: No header, no logo, no menu.

The header row is a part of a parent layout, along with the footer. The footer is functioning (mostly) correctly, although the background seems to be too short for the social icons. I have not changed the settings. This was displaying correctly before the patch, and now is not.

-----
Problem #2

I expected to see: A normal post with header image going full screen, edge-to-edge.

Instead, I got: A margin on either side of the post.

This worked correctly before the patch, and now does not work correctly. Blog posts (the normal 'post' type posts) are not managed by Toolset in this setup. I've constructed these entries 100% in Divi. This error popped up after I patched to the latest version of Toolset. When I disable the Layouts plugin, the post displays correctly.

-----
Problem #3

I expected to see: A normal page with a menu that's displaying correctly.

Instead, I got: A menu where items are not aligned correctly with the drop-down carats, and a white box on rollover that was not there before.

This worked correctly before the patch, and now does not work correctly. This is happening on all pages and post types that are managed with Divi, and have no Toolset content. This error popped up after I patched to the latest version of Toolset. When I disable the Layouts plugin, the posts display correctly.

-----
Problem #4

I expected to see: A page built in Divi with an embedded View, and View filter working correctly

Instead, I got: An image that is ignoring the assigned "width" property and not scaling. Also, checkboxes in my filter on the right sidebar are not aligned correctly with their checkbox elements.

This worked correctly before the patch, and now does not work correctly. This error popped up after I patched to the latest version of Toolset.

Also!

Problem #5

I expected to see: A template created in Divi featuring a View and a working search system.

Instead, I got: A search system that no longer works. When I select or enter any search criteria, I get "no items found," even when I know there are entries that meet the criteria selected. This functioned before the patch, and now no longer works.

Hi Gregory, I can see you have quite a few display issues after the latest update. Can you please provide your debug information so I can see which versions of our plugins and Divi you are using? We have an excellent article with instructions located here: https://toolset.com/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

NOTE: Please be sure to check the box to indicate you can provide debug info and paste your debug info in the debug field provided, and NOT in the general response field.

Also, can you tell me your Bootstrap settings by going to Toolset > Settings > General and scrolling down to the Bootstrap Layouts section?

Problem #2, Problem #3, Problem #4 all appear to be CSS related, so the Bootstrap settings and Theme information will be important.

I'd like to investigate those before Problem #5, we can tackle that afterwards.

Screen Shot 2017-02-24 at 2.09.09 PM.png

Hi Christian! Thank you so much for jumping in and helping. 🙂 I really appreciate it.

Debug information attached.

Also, I went in to check the bootstrap settings. Originally, "Toolset should load Bootstrap 3.0" was selected. When I changed it to "The theme or another plugin is already loading Bootstrap 3.0," (since Divi already loads that up) problems #2 and 3 were fixed. So yay for that!

As for #5, I'm noticing that part of the reason why I'm having problems is that the system is automatically populating search options in some of the drop-down fields when the page first loads, and the combination happens to be one where no results will be shown. As a result, the moment I enter any search condition (triggering the AJAX script), it throws a "no results" message. Again, this was something that wasn't happening before the patch.

Screen Shot 2017-02-24 at 2.09.22 PM copy.jpg

I should also note that half of problem #4 (the checkboxes not aligning with their elements) has been resolved by the adjustment to bootstrap as well. Still have the images in "Our Members" ignoring the assigned "width" value, though.

Okay thanks for that information.

For #4 image width problem, can you tell me more about how these images are placed in your View, and how you have set a width attribute for each one?

For #5, it appears there is no option for these select elements that corresponds to "nothing selected." Typically this is added automatically when you create a filter control for your View, but you can always add one of your own. Please try this for me:

1. Edit this View, and look in the Filter Editor section. If you cannot see the Filter Editor section, scroll up to the top of the page and click "Screen Options" to enable the Filter Editor section.
2. Find the filter control that corresponds to "Gender," and click to place your cursor anywhere in that filter control tag.
3. Now press the "Edit Filter" button above the Filter Editor. A dialog will appear where you can define options for this filter control.
4. Look at the "Options for this input:" section. Is "Use existing custom field values" checked? If not, you are using custom options. In this case, is there a custom option with a blank value? Add one here if necessary and repeat these steps for your other filters like Eye Color, etc.

Please let me know how that goes.

Screen Shot 2017-02-24 at 5.35.35 PM copy.jpg

Hi Christian!

Sure, here you go. This is the code to my view:

<div class="headshot">
<a href="[wpv-post-url]">[types field='headshot' style="width: 250px"][/types]</a>
<h4>[wpv-post-link]</h4>
</div>
<div class="stats">
  		[wpv-conditional if="( $(wpcf-board-executive-committee-position) ne '' )"][types field='board-executive-committee-position'][/types][/wpv-conditional]<br />
		[wpv-conditional if="( $(wpcf-administrative-position) ne '' )"][types field='administrative-position'][/types][/wpv-conditional]<br />
		[wpv-conditional if="( $(wpcf-personal-website) gte '<em><u>hidden link</u></em>' )"]<a href="[types field='personal-website' output='raw'][/types]"><i class="fa fa-link fa-2x" aria-hidden="true"></i></a>[/wpv-conditional]  		[wpv-conditional if="( $(wpcf-imdb-page) gte '<em><u>hidden link</u></em>' )"]<a href="[types field='imdb-page' output='raw'][/types]"><i class="fa fa-imdb fa-2x" aria-hidden="true"></i></a>[/wpv-conditional]  
		[wpv-conditional if="( $(wpcf-facebook) gte '<em><u>hidden link</u></em>' )"]<a href="[types field='facebook' output='raw'][/types]"><i class="fa fa-facebook fa-2x" aria-hidden="true"></i></a>[/wpv-conditional]
		[wpv-conditional if="( $(wpcf-twitter) gte '<em><u>hidden link</u></em>' )"]<a href="[types field='twitter' output='raw'][/types]"><i class="fa fa-twitter fa-2x" aria-hidden="true"></i></a>[/wpv-conditional]
  		[wpv-conditional if="( $(wpcf-instagram) gte '<em><u>hidden link</u></em>' )"]<a href="[types field='instagram' output='raw'][/types]"><i class="fa fa-instagram fa-2x" aria-hidden="true"></i></a>[/wpv-conditional]
</div>

As for #5, I think I see where you're going. However, when I clicked 'Edit Filter,' I didn't see the fields you're talking about. Posting an image of the popup dialogue I get.

Sorry to but in about outstanding CSS issue, but is it that the Layouts CSS and JS Editor stylesheet is not taking priority any longer. Having CSS issues since update myself, and I had to make a couple of elements !important there to now override.

Problem6-ShadowedOutDialogueBox.jpg

Hi Christian,

Tried what you said about adding empty fields to the drop-down menus, and that worked.

Also, somehow, the CSS issue cleared up and all of my images were displaying correctly. I've since gone in and replaced those rectangular pics with square headshots for consistency's sake.

That leaves Problem #1 - the Divi Header in Layouts that won't appear. If you could give me some ideas on what there is to do about that, I'd appreciate it.

Beyond that, I've discovered another bug; Problem #6 - When I'm in the back-end updating pages and a pop-up is triggered, it appears the pop-up isn't layered properly, as the whole box has a shadow over it, and when I click anywhere on the pop-up form, it goes away immediately.

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. You will find the required fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Not seeing the fields to enter the credentials you need. Am I missing something?

... Not quite sure what happened, but I cleared my cache for an unrelated matter and suddenly everything is working as intended.

I'm going to declare this closed for the moment, and if anything else weird pops up, I'll let you know. Thank you for all of your help, Christian!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.