Skip Navigation

[Resolved] New issue with DIVI

This support ticket is created 4 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Pat 4 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Pat

Hello,

I have a site using Toolset + Divi + bbpress and have a taxonomy page (created thanks to Divi builder) that show a Views.
Here is the code used : [bbp-single-forum id="[types termmeta="id-du-forum"][/types]"]

Until some days, everything was working fine but now, the only thing that is display is : [/types]« ]

Is there something special with last Divi update that crashes the Toolset Views?
For info, this seems to appear only with Views that needs specific parameter. For example, I have another Views without any parameter ([wpv-view name="membre-dun-sport"]) and it is working fine (in the same taxonomy page)!

Regards
Pat

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Pat,

This could be a case where the quotations are mismatched. Could you try it like this.

[bbp-single-forum id="[types termmeta='id-du-forum'][/types]"]

With single quotes on the inside.

Please let me know if this helps.
Thanks,
Shane

Pat

Hi Shane,

Thanks for the info.
This is not changing anything and I still have the [/types]« ] displayed instead of the content.
Regards
Pat

Shane
Supporter

Hi Pat,

The issue could be that the bbp-single-forum shortcode doesn't support a shortcode as a parameter.

I would recommend getting in touch with the BBpress team to confirm this. Also if you disable divi theme and check to see if the shortcode renders like this does it work ?

There could be multiple reasons why this doesn't work but we first need to verify that the bbpress shortcode can actually accept shortcodes as parameters.

Please let me know.
Thanks,
Shane

Pat

Hi Shane,

My issue is that everything was working fine until some days ago. I had also some other Views with shortcode parameters that was no more working (not only bbpress).
So, my feeling is that something has changed between Divi and Toolset and it would be good to have a close look at it as this can be something that clearly does not push to use both software together !

Let me know
Regards
Pat

Shane
Supporter

Hi Pat,

Would you mind providing me with admin access to the website so that I can have a further look?

I know that some time ago there was an issue with Divi rewriting the post variable which was causing the shortcodes to break when used in Divi template builder.

Also send me a link to the page where I can see the issue as well.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Pat,

Thank you for the credentials.

However i'm having a little trouble finding the exact edit page for the link you provided so I can have a look on the backend.

Could you provide this link for me ? or direct me to where I can find the template?

Thanks,
Shane

Pat

Hi Shane,

You need to go to the Divi theme builder page and chose "Toutes les catégories pages or All taxonomy pages".
As soon as you are on the page, the shortcode is in the tab module, in the bottom of the page.
Regards
Pat

Shane
Supporter

Hi Pat,

I would suggest getting in touch with the divi team for this, because the types shortcode works outside of adding it to the BBpress shortcode.

I know in the past the divi theme builder was breaking alot of shortcodes because divi was overwriting the post variable that many shortcodes require.

It could be that divi broke the BBpress shortcode when its accepting another shortcode as a parameter. However as far as I can see our types shortcode is still working fine.

Thanks,
Shane

Pat

Hi Shane,

I have contacted the Divi team and they recognized that their last versions was faulty on this point. I have moved back to Divi 4.0.7 that was OK and wait until they provide a new Divi version that will integrate the fix for this issue.
Thanks for your support
Pat

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.