Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Network activating Access throws Sorry you cannot view the site error

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

After upgrading or activating Toolset Access in a Multisite installation of WordPress, (Network Admin -> Plugins page), the following warning appears:

Sorry, you are not allowed to access this page

Solution:

This is fixed in Toolset Access plugin version 2.7.1.

Relevant Documentation:

This support ticket is created 5 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by soniyaA 4 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

I am trying to: Network enable Access for all sites on my multisite install

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: n/a

I expected to see: Successful activation

Instead, I got: Toolset Types could be successfully network activated but when I tried to activate Access it threw error. I don't want to use all the functions of toolset across all sites, but I wanted some access control across all of them

I haven't started using Divi theme so should not be a problem related to divi.

Hello,

Thanks for the details, I can duplicate the same problem in my localhost, and have escalated this issue, will update here if there is any news.

Thanks. Will wait for your response

Here is the update, it is our to-do list of Access plugin next version 2.7.1, our developers are working on it, I am not sure when will it be released.

See the errata here:
https://toolset.com/errata/sorry-you-are-not-allowed-to-access-this-page-message-appears-after-network-activating-toolset-access/

Access 2.7.1 is released, please test it and feedback if it is fixed. thanks

You can download it here:
https://toolset.com/account/downloads/

Tried it. Now it does not crash the site but throws the following fatal error

File "/home3/tsadmin/scaledagiletraining.academy/wp-content/plugins/types-access/legacy/includes/Cacher.php" doesn't exist!
Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class 'Access_Cacher' not found in /home3/tsadmin/scaledagiletraining.academy/wp-content/plugins/types-access/legacy/types-access.php:89 Stack trace: #0 /home3/tsadmin/scaledagiletraining.academy/wp-content/plugins/types-access/application/bootstrap.php(30): require_once() #1 /home3/tsadmin/scaledagiletraining.academy/wp-content/plugins/types-access/types-access.php(60): require_once('/home3/tsadmin/...') #2 /home3/tsadmin/scaledagiletraining.academy/wp-admin/includes/plugin.php(2050): include('/home3/tsadmin/...') #3 /home3/tsadmin/scaledagiletraining.academy/wp-admin/plugins.php(175): plugin_sandbox_scrape('types-access/ty...') #4 {main} thrown in /home3/tsadmin/scaledagiletraining.academy/wp-content/plugins/types-access/legacy/types-access.php on line 89

I have tried it again in a fresh wordpress installation + Access version 2.7.1, it works fine, see screenshot access.JPG.

There might be some other compatibility problem in your website, please check these:
1) Backup your website database first,

2) migrate your website relationship to the new post type relationship
https://toolset.com/documentation/customizing-sites-using-php/post-relationships-api/how-to-migrate-your-site-to-new-post-relationships/

3) In case it is a compatibility problem, please deactivate other plugins, and switch to wordpress default theme 2019, deactivate all custom code snippets, and test again

4) Delete Access plugin file, upload the latest version of Access plugin manually, and test again.

5) If the problem still persists, please provide database dump file(ZIP file) of your website, also point out the problem page URL and view URL, I need to test and debug it in my localhost, thanks
https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.