Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Need users to be able to add another city to my City drop-down when submitting

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

Add more options to custom select field with Toolset Forms.

Solution:

There isn't such kind of built-in feature within Toolset Forms plugin, the options of custom select field can be setup only in WP admin side, you can not change them in front-end.

In your case, you can try to replace it with a custom taxonomy "city", so your user can add more terms in front-end with Toolset Forms.

Relevant Documentation:

https://toolset.com/course-lesson/creating-a-custom-taxonomy/

This support ticket is created 3 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Paul 3 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

I have created a form to allow visitors to add their real estate properties to a property website.

I have a select field in the Property Group (City).

If a visitor doesn't see his preferred city in the city drop-down menu, I want him to select "other" and then provide that new city.

Once he submits the form, I want that new city from the "other" field to be added to the drop-down City menu for other visitors to be able to use, and search by.

See: hidden link

Hello,

I assume the "City" you mentioned above is a custom post field.

If it is, there isn't such kind of built-in feature within Toolset Forms plugin, the options of custom select field can be setup only in WP admin side, you can not change them in front-end.

In your case, you can try to replace it with a custom taxonomy "city", so your user can add more terms in front-end with Toolset Forms.
https://toolset.com/course-lesson/creating-a-custom-taxonomy/

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.